Windows 10: Storage Spaces Optimization

Discus and support Storage Spaces Optimization in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help me here. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm having issues re-building my Storage Space. I had two 3 TB drives in a 2-way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ahophing, Dec 5, 2018.

1. ahophing Win User

Storage Spaces Optimization

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm having issues re-building my Storage Space. I had two 3 TB drives in a 2-way mirror. At some point, the connection failed on one drive and took them both down.

I have successfully added a third 3 TB drive to the pool and retired the broken drive. I'm trying to optimize/rebalance the pool now, but when I run Optimize-StoragePool, it runs for awhile, then I'm getting this error message:

Optimize-StoragePool -FriendlyName "pool"

Optimize-StoragePool : Unspecified Error

Extended information:

Element not found.

Activity ID: {92028993-bd21-485a-87b2-5ed2d931456b}

At line:1 char:1

+ Optimize-StoragePool -FriendlyName "pool"

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (StorageWMI:ROOT/Microsoft/...SFT_StoragePool) [Optimize-StoragePool], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageWMI 2,Optimize-StoragePool

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

:)

ahophing, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

Thanks, Jason. It appears then that the November update has not shown up yet for my system. Good to hear that the new commands will be available via the Storage Spaces GUI. Optimizing drives and the Remove drive features were on the top of my wish list
    for Storage Spaces. Patiently waiting for the update.....

GeorgeTaus, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Storage Spaces rebalancing

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems optimizing your storage pool and removing disks. We made some improvements to this functionality in the

Windows 10 November update
    , so I'd suggest that you install that, upgrade your pool (if necessary), and then try using the Storage Spaces Control Panel to optimize drive usage and/or remove physical disks.

Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10.

I hope this helps!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Storage Spaces Optimization

Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

We just released a couple of new Storage Spaces features with the
    Windows 10 November update
    :

• Optimize drive usage to make the best use of all of your drives after adding drives
    • Safely remove a drive from a pool by automatically moving data off the drive and onto other drives in the pool.
    To make use of these features you'll have to install the
    Windows 10 November update.
    Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Cheers!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Storage Spaces Optimization

1. Storage Spaces Optimization - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Optimization

2. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error During Storage Spaces Optimization: I just added two new drives to Storage Spaces after running low on space. I started the optimization process, and just 1% into it I got a message of "Error Failed; Remove Drive" on one of my older drives, and I'm not sure what to do. The optimization process is still running...
  3. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error During Storage Spaces Optimization: I just added two new drives to Storage Spaces after running low on space. I started the optimization process, and just 1% into it I got a message of "Error Failed; Remove Drive" on one of my older drives, and I'm not sure what to do. The optimization process is still running...
  4. Error During Storage Spaces Optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, when you add a new drive to an upgraded pool in Windows […] This article How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  7. Error optimizing storage tiers

Error optimizing storage tiers: I'm using Storage Spaces on Windows 10 with a two-tier setup (SSD & HDD). However, I noticed I wasn't getting the expected performance out of the configuration. I've done some research, and it appears as though something is wrong with the tiering. The volume does 'work',...
  8. Storage Space gone after optimization

Storage Space gone after optimization: In short I added a drive to my usb enclosure setup operating on a windows storage space and now I can't access the thing. The space shows up in disk management as "storage pool" but not in explorer/storage spaces. The drive before is a 10TB Seagate red and the other that was...
  9. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  10. Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optimize storage pool using GUI

2. windows 10 storage space optimize drive

3. storage spaces parity errors optimization

4. rebalance storage spaces,
  5. LiveUpdate content storage space optimization failed upgrade,
  6. optimize-storagepool unspecified error,
  7. windows 10 storage spaces improvements