Windows 10: Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete...

Discus and support Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So I have a home setup where I'm running 3 hard disks of 3TB each in a RAID 5 Storage Spaces setup, and I recently noticed my storage spaces pool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eliezer123, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete...

Hi!

So I have a home setup where I'm running 3 hard disks of 3TB each in a RAID 5 Storage Spaces setup, and I recently noticed my storage spaces pool was down.

When I try to "Bring Online", It says, "Bringing the drive online...", but after completing, it won't stay online long enough for me to delete any files. (It seems that it immediately goes offline again.)

I tried in Safe Mode as well, but with exactly the same result.

How can I:

a. Get my storage spaces online?

b. Prevent this from happening again?

Any guidance for either A or B would be appreciated. Thanks!

(Note: Buying an additional 3TB drive is a last resort, because I don't think my power supply can support another drive, and much of the data on currently stored on here is unnecessary.)

:)

Eliezer123, Sep 15, 2019

2. Storage Spaces capacity error

Hi,

I am using Storage spaces in Raid 5 (parity).

Storages spaces is telling me that my capacity is full and I need to add more drives. However, in 'This Pc' (my computer) it is telling me I still have over 7.5 tb available?

I have checked the data in my pool and it confirms that i should still have 7.5tb available.

Why is storages spaces telling me otherwise? Is it wrong? Is it malfunctioning? Have I done something wrong?? Can i correct this???

Details:

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

8x 3tb WD Green harddrives (data) - Raid 5 (parity)

1x 120gb Kingston SSD (OS)

Storage spaces indicating:

Pool capacity 21.8 tb

Using 21.5 tb

This Pc indicating:

Capacity 21.7 tb

Used 14.2 tb

Free 7.51 tb

I have checked the size of the data in the pool and it is matches with what 'This Pc' is reporting. Why is Storage spaces saying otherwise?

Please help!

Much appreciated! Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete... :)

trickyricky1, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Storage Spaces capacity error

Hi, Thanks for your response.

But this does not explain why 'storage spaces' says my pool is full and 'My PC' says i have 7.5 tb of space available?

'My PC' IS correct, 'storage spaces is incorrect. But 'storage spaces' will not let me add any new files/data.

I did run Disk cleanup like you suggested but there were no files to clean in the 'storage spaces' pool.

The pool is only used to store media files. Not OS.

Please help x

trickyricky1, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete...

Storage pool

Hello,

Storage Spaces is a technology in Windows and Windows Server that can help protect your data from drive failures. It is conceptually similar to RAID, implemented in software. You can use Storage Spaces to group three or more drives together into a storage pool
    and then use capacity from that pool to create Storage Spaces. These typically store extra copies of your data so if one of your drives fails, you still have an intact copy of your data. If you run low on capacity, just add more drives to the storage pool.

In setting up a storage space, it's recommended that you use a hard drive that doesn't contain important files as the drive will be formatted to mirror the host drive.

For more information regarding Storage Spaces, read this
    FAQ page

Hope the information I provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete...

1. Storage Spaces pool has "Low Capacity" error, but I can't bring it online to delete... - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces pool

2. How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Storage Spaces, if configured on your Windows 10 device, stores two copies of your […] This article How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With the Windows 10 feature called Storage Spaces, PC users can group two or […] This article How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2: I used to edit material on an external HDD which I would back up monthly. When that drive failed, I realised that I should have been backing up the edits between month's ends. Then I saw that Storage Spaces in Settings;Storage, promised to 'save files to 2 or more drives' and...
  5. Stogare Spaces reports wrong pool capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stogare Spaces reports wrong pool capacity: Hello, Earlier last month i reinstalled my computer, currently running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have a storage pool of 2 6TB drives and 2 storage spaces, one of the spaces is a simple space with no resiliency and the other is a two-way mirror. Both...
  6. Storage space issue: low capacity; pool usage = 99% but actual usage around 40%

Storage space issue: low capacity; pool usage = 99% but actual usage around 40%: Hi MS Support, I'm having an issue where storage space displayed wrong pool storage usage. I have 4x4TB drive configured with storage space parity setup. All 4 of them displayed 99.x% capacity used, resulted as the following warning message: "low capacity, add 3 drives". In...
  7. Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity

Storage Spaces + Pool Capacity: I have 2 storage spaces set up. I am a bit confused when it comes to one of them as it is not utilizing the full pool capacity after adding a disk. Does anyone know the command line commands to expand it to utilize the full pool capacity? I have tried to Optimize to no...
  8. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  9. Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage pool for Storage Spaces in Windows...
  10. Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Delete Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Delete a Storage Space from Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to delete a storage space from a storage pool in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage spaces low capacity error