Windows 10: Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

Discus and support Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NikitaRomeo, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly.

Some research seems to say that using the Storage Spaces gui in Win 10 only sets the columns to 1 when what I need is 2.

Number Friendly Name Serial Number HealthStatus OperationalStatus Total Size Partition

Style

------ ------------- ------------- ------------ ----------------- ---------- ----------

0 Crucial_CT275... 1631138774D7 Healthy Online 256.17 GB GPT

3 ST3000DM008-2... ZA508H69 Healthy Online 2.73 TB GPT

4 NVMe Samsung ... 0025_3858_81B0_B1E6. Healthy Online 232.89 GB GPT

1 Samsung SSD 8... S3Y9NX0K837728B Healthy Online 232.89 GB GPT

2 Samsung SSD 8... S3Y9NX0K837729P Healthy Online 232.89 GB GPT

DeviceId FriendlyName SerialNumber MediaType CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage Size

-------- ------------ ------------ --------- ------- ----------------- ------------ ----- ----

2 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB S3Y9NX0K837729P SSD True OK Healthy Auto-Select ...9 GB

1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB S3Y9NX0K837728B SSD True OK Healthy Auto-Select ...9 GB

0 Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 1631138774D7 SSD True OK Healthy Auto-Select ...7 GB

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-StorageSubsystem

FriendlyName HealthStatus OperationalStatus

------------ ------------ -----------------

Windows Storage on AMD-RYZEN-2700X-Desktop Healthy OK

I am trying to Raid ) the two Samsung Drives, I am way over my head here but I am trying my best. The Command I am trying to make work is....

New-VirtualDisk -FriendlyName SuperSpeedDelight -StoragePoolFriendlyName Windows Storage on AMD-RYZEN-2700X-Desktop -NumberOfColumns 2 -ResiliencySettingName simple -UseMaximumSize

I do not understand what should be next to Friendlyname or StoragePoolFriendlyName (I feel I have tried every combination)and the Samsung drives being identically named is also making my brain hurt.

I also do not understand how to tell it what drives to use

If anyone could help me with this I would be eternally grateful. I think I can just do this in disk management but if I understand correctly this way will make use of trim, and even if it does not I will be able to add to the pool in the future once I understand how to set it up.

Thank you in advance

:)

NikitaRomeo, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Jim-L Win User
    Unable to format software RAID created using Storage Spaces or Dynamic Disk: The parameter is inccorect

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I'm unable to create software RAID-0 or RAID-1 using either Storage Spaces or Dynamic Disk. I can create the partition just fine, but formatting the partition will fail with an error: "The parameter is incorrect."

Formatting using Storage Manager, diskpart or format doesn't make any difference.

Jim-L, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

Raid 0 help

You need to resize your NTFS partition. Run (Super + R; the run dialog box) and execute "diskmgmt.msc". You'll see that your RAID-0 is only partitioned to half of the array's size. Converting a disk to RAID doesn't do anything to the size of your partitions.

Aquinus, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

1. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces trying

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. creating Raid 0 fails

creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  6. Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces: Hi folks Just a question to our resident Windows Gurus. For file serving to several clients and for things like MySQL / MariaDB for fast DB sql type queries does a decent Hardware RAID 0 card yield faster throughput than say using Storage spaces. Note I'm aware of the risk...
  7. Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces: Hi folks Just a question to our resident Windows Gurus. For file serving to several clients and for things like MySQL / MariaDB for fast DB sql type queries does a decent Hardware RAID 0 card yield faster throughput than say using Storage spaces. Note I'm aware of the risk...
  8. Storage Spaces - created a Raid 0 with Powershell but the Manage Storage Spaces UI doesn't...

Storage Spaces - created a Raid 0 with Powershell but the Manage Storage Spaces UI doesn't...: To upgrade my old blu-ray storage disks, I created a new 3 disk, 3 column Simple pool using the process described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-trying-to-create-a-raid-0-with/c440086c-4bb6-410d-9e92-fd98ce6626cc It seems to have...
  9. Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1): I recently had a 3TB hard drive fail on me, and I am trying to come up with a much better solution for storing my data so that I don't have to recover everything from CrashPlan again. My plan is to have two 3TB Hard drives connected in RAID 0 (Simple Space) so that I have 6TB...
  10. using powershell to create mixed storage spaces

in Windows 10 Support
    using powershell to create mixed storage spaces: Hi all. I'm trying to use powershell to create a complex storage space on my 4x6TB HD. I want to make the first 4TB of each HD in simple pool and the remaining space 2TB with Mirror 2way. 4x4TB Simple 4x2TB Mirror 2Way This way should be similar to the max speed of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raid 1 drives powershell

2. storage spaces raid0 powershell

3. storage spaces setup raid 0

4. create raid 0 using powershell,
  5. powershell create raide,
  6. create raid 1 powershell 2019,
  7. create raid0 storage spaces,
  8. how to do raid 0 with powershell ,
  9. create raid power shell,
  10. power shell create raid windows,
  11. powershell create raid,