Windows 10: Storage Spaces Upgrade Error

Discus and support Storage Spaces Upgrade Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a storage pool consisting of 4 drives that were in parity. While using Windows 10 on the 1909 update, I clicked to "upgrade pool" and it caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jadomarx, Aug 24, 2020.

1. jadomarx Win User

Storage Spaces Upgrade Error

I had a storage pool consisting of 4 drives that were in parity. While using Windows 10 on the 1909 update, I clicked to "upgrade pool" and it caused the storage pool to create an error that rendered the pool unrecognizable. Now the drives only show up as "Healthy Storage Spaces Protective Partition", but the drive letter is gone and I cannot access or recreate the storage pool. How do I fix the pool or recover my data?!?

:)

jadomarx, Aug 24, 2020
  2. gknorm Win User

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

Storage Spaces Upgrade Error [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Aug 24, 2020
  3. gknorm Win User
    Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Hi: I'm a newbie here... using an OWC Thunderbay 6 DAS with Thunderbolt 3 for video/photo files using (Win 10 Home) Storage Spaces for the past 6 weeks without problems. Using Parity option in Storage Spaces to emulate RAID 5 protection.

Today, got Parity Error in Manage Storage Spaces, though all 6 drives show "OK". Both Hard Disk Sentinel and CrystaDiskInfo also show normal drives. No pertinent drive events in Event Viewer.

From reading other posts from folks with Storage Spaces issues, I'm inclined to "repair" this parity error if possible, and then consider migrating to DrivePool to avoid repetition or other future issues with SS. Can anyone walk me through how to do a parity repair?

If not doable, then can someone detail a step-by-step process for migrating my 24Tb currently on Storage Spaces to Drivepool? Many thanks!

gknorm, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Storage Spaces Upgrade Error

Storage space

Hello Mick,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to delete the said files and folders?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Storage Spaces Upgrade Error

1. Storage Spaces Upgrade Error - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Upgrade

2. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  3. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  4. How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Storage Spaces, with an upgraded pool, you can optimize drive usage and remove […] This article How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror: I get an error message "No Capacity" in the Storage Spaces section of windows 10 with a mirrored storage space. The Storage Space is formatted in ReFS . Both drives are functioning put both drives in another computer . How can I repair this storage space ?...
  6. Storage Spaces Error/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Error/issue: Windows 10 Enterprise Ver 2004 I have created a parity storage space with 4x 4TB SATA Drives. (D: drive) Formatted REFS Windows said the parity space is 9.67 TB using 14.1 TB pool capacity. That was fine by me as the D: reflected this. [img] I have around 3TB of data on...
  7. Storage Spaces Error/issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Spaces Error/issue: Windows 10 Enterprise Ver 2004 I have created a parity storage space with 4x 4TB SATA Drives. (D: drive) Formatted REFS Windows said the parity space is 9.67 TB using 14.1 TB pool capacity. That was fine by me as the D: reflected this. [img] I have around 3TB of data on...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  9. Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Creating Storage Space "Can't Delete Storage Space": Trying to create a basic Storage Space. No parity, mirroring, or anything. Just a bunch of disks. All disks are functioning normally and have been formatted etc. When I add them to the pool and create the storage space I get the error I've screenshotted below, "Can't Delete...
  10. Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Upgrade Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you created a storage pool in Windows 8.1 and either remove drives from pools...