Windows 10: Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems

Discus and support Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am having major problems with Storage Spaces in Windows 10. Right now, I'm just trying to get all my data off the pool onto a separate drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdtheTruth, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems

Hi. I am having major problems with Storage Spaces in Windows 10. Right now, I'm just trying to get all my data off the pool onto a separate drive, but I'm unable to do so.

Here's the quick story: I set up a pool with four 2 terabyte drives and it functioned fine for about a year. At one point, I got a warning for one of the drives. I made the mistake of just physically removing the drive not using the proper 'remove' function, thinking that the pool could survive with 3 out of 4 drives due to redundancy. However, the pool became very slow and unresponsive. With the physical drive still out of the system, I then tried to use the 'remove' function. This made Storage Spaces unresponsive until I rebooted. I then returned the 4th drive to the system.

The pool is visible in file manager and I can open it up, but it is EXTREMELY slow. Basically, if I click on a file, the whole pool becomes unresponsive for minutes at least. Eventually, I've been able to copy some small files off the pool, but any attempt to copy larger files times out with the error that the pool is inaccessible.

I've had multiple chats with Microsoft tech support with no avail. Their solutions seem very general, such as running general drive repairs and reinstalling Windows. I think I really need a true expert in Storage Spaces to rescue my data. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

EdtheTruth, Jan 14, 2021
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. 56Kruiser Win User
    Problem with Storage Space

Funny...on actually reading the title on that unrecognized status disk, it is titled Microsoft Storage Space. I was ust surprised to see it listed in the drive list.

56Kruiser, Jan 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems

Problem with Storage Space

Hi, a great program to give the best instant analysis of drives is Hard Disk Sentinel (trial), periodically given away.

The textual description on the GUI is the best by far I've seen. Suggest you try it.

I also suggest anyone using Storage Space should run a program that continuously monitors the health of the drives and reports incipient problems. Free programs such as Crystal Diskinfo, HD Tune are possibilities.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems

1. Storage Spaces Windows 10 major problems - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces major

2. Storage space problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space problem: I need to know how can I solve a storage space problem. I have a Huawei Matebook D15 with a hard disk of 512gb, but aparently I have been using a disk or partition I'm not sure if those are correct terms that's named 'Windows C:' but has only 80gb of storage space and there's...
  3. Major Windows 10 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Windows 10 Problems: starting from about a week ago i have been experiencing the following problems: - DRM content is not playable on multiple browsers - Youtube livestreams are not playable on certain browsers ("Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available....
  4. Storage Space/Malware problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Space/Malware problems: note: I know **** about computers. Please use layman's terms ok? A while back I got my computer infected with malware that bundled with dodgy software I got off the web. It's still there months after i'd deleted said software. I was planning to restart my PC to get rid of...
  5. Go Stream & Windows 10 storage space problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Go Stream & Windows 10 storage space problem: Hi, I am currently trying to do a windows 10 clean install on my daughters HP Stream. Her system is Windows 10 home x64. The whole computer only has a 25 gb hard drive. I've deleted everything I can from the computer that isn't critical to windows. It only cleared about 3gb...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  7. Problem with Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Storage Space: My storage space is not loading. Below is a screen shot of the management screen: [img] I notice Warnings on 2 drives, but don't see how to tell what the warning is. They indicate 61% and 61% used, but I wouldn't think that close enough to be a problem with it starting. I...
  8. Major problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major problems with windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. End of August an automatic update sent my computer into BSOD. Fixed this with help but since then have to continually use task manager, powershell, run as admin and then copy/paste the following:- Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  9. Major Windows 10 Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows 10 Problems: This all started happening today and I have no idea why. I am able to run my programs and open files on my desktop like images and such but "internally" I am having major problems. Here's a list of everything that has happened. •For files on my desktop, I am unable to...
  10. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...