Windows 10: Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash?

Discus and support Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you create for example 3x4tb Storage spaces, and one drive crashes, will you lose everything, or just that's on just that drive? Is the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nemesis77, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Nemesis77 Win User

Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash?

If you create for example 3x4tb Storage spaces, and one drive crashes, will you lose everything, or just that's on just that drive?

Is the system filling up drive 1, then drive 2 or how is it working?

The reason I'm wondering is because I got a large usb harddisk, that I can use as backup, but don't want to incorporate it in the pool (and run parity), because it is way to slooow (25mb/sec)

so again, I'm wondering..if a drive crashes, can I just replace it, and restore those files from my usb, or will all files in the pool be corrupted?

:)

Nemesis77, Oct 5, 2020

2. Storage Space shows reduced resiliency in Windows 10 version 1607

All that happens here, TechNet, or TenForums seems to be that everybody points to the same old

Storage Spaces "Reduced resiliency; check the Physical drives section"

because that is the only link that comes up in a search on the topic.

But that does not answer the question of why this issue appears on multiple computers. That link is a repair when a resiliency warning appears for Storage Spaces formatted on a single system with ReFS. The problem with that is that I have the issue occurring
    on two un-related systems with Storage Spaces formatted in both ReFS and NTFS. How about let's see if someone actually has dealt with
    this issue because I suspect that there is a bug in the Anniversary Edition and later builds.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash?

Storage Space shows reduced resiliency in Windows 10 version 1607

(Dell XPS 8500, 24GB, 1GB mSata system drive, two Toshiba USB3.0 attached hard drives)

I have a storage space set up on my Windows 1607 primary computer. (Storage Spaces is a feature of Windows 8.1 and later and Server 2012 and later.) It is set up with a normal pair of large capacity hard drives and is in two-way mirrored configuration,
    formatted ReFS. I see the "reduced resiliency warning" but both drives are marked as "OK." What is the meaning of the "reduced resiliency" warning and what is required to remove it"? I get the same warning with a similar storage space configuration on my
    test box, the only difference being that it is formatted NTFS.

Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash? 9d0e5b42-747e-42ec-ae20-45aeb2d12736.png

Cbarnhorst, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash?

1. Storage spaces without resilience, What's lost in a crash? - Similar Threads - Storage spaces without

2. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  3. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost 100 gb storage space: I was Trying To Download A Game Then it said Failed To Drag And Drop i pressed closed and i lost 100 gb of storage space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-100-gb-storage-space/6fdf9be8-6de7-4c77-87f1-87737048a6d3
  4. I Lost 100 gb storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select...

windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select...: windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select the appropriate option that does not represent resiliency option. 1. 4-way mirror2. 3-way mirror 3. 2-way mirror 4. Parity...
  6. windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select...: windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select the appropriate option that does not represent resiliency option. 1. 4-way mirror2. 3-way mirror 3. 2-way mirror 4. Parity...
  7. windows based storage spaces support resiliency option on physical disk utilization. Select...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Storage Space - Simple Resiliency Volume corrupted by Windows 10 2004 update

Storage Space - Simple Resiliency Volume corrupted by Windows 10 2004 update: Dear Community, I recently updated my Windows 10 Enterprise to version 2004 build 19041.329. Since then, my storage space volume is broken my volume is unreadable and displayed as RAW. This problem has been reported here:...
  9. Storage Space shows "reduced resiliency" warning, build 14393

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space shows "reduced resiliency" warning, build 14393: (Dell XPS 8500, 24GB, 1GB mSata system drive, two Toshiba USB3.0 attached hard drives) I have a storage space set up on my Windows 1607 primary computer. (Storage Spaces is a feature of Windows 8.1 and later and Server 2012 and later.) It is set up with a normal pair of...
  10. Recovery Key "incorrect", Storage Spaces Reduced Resiliency, Disk Full

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Key "incorrect", Storage Spaces Reduced Resiliency, Disk Full: Please please please someone help. This problem is getting out of hand. I've posted about this problem, but the posts are getting moved to different threads and no one is replying. So here it all is form the beginning as simply as I can put it. Not too long ago, I added...