Windows 10: Storage spaces.

Discus and support Storage spaces. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use storage spaces configured with two external drives connected to my Lenovo helix. All works well since the last major upgrade. I will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexm1, May 29, 2017.

1. alexm1 Win User

Storage spaces.

I use storage spaces configured with two external drives connected to my Lenovo helix. All works well since the last major upgrade.
    I will be traveling and need to disconnect the Lenovo from the drives. Do I need to turn off storage spaces or will it catch up when I plug the Lenovo back in?
    Alex.

:)

alexm1, May 29, 2017
  2. Sam___ Win User

What will happen to my storage space (Two-way mirror). If I format and reinstall Windows 10 ?

Storage Spaces stores meta data about the Storage Space on the disk. Once you re-install Windows and Storage Spaces disks are present, the Storage Space will be imported.

-Sam

Sam___, May 29, 2017
  3. ToddinWI Win User
    ToddinWI, May 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Storage spaces.

Hello Alex, *Smile

Anything you have set to be stored on the two external drives will only just not be available until you connect them again.

When you connect them back later, verify that they still have the same drive letter as they originally did. They should, but if they don't for some reason, you'll just need to change the drive letter to what it was originally.

Brink, May 29, 2017
  5. alexm1 Win User
    Brink, many thanks! I have the drives set to backup " my documents", the main copy (of my documents) is on the SSD on the Lenovo so I will not lose any work that I do, just wanted to be sure my backups would remain.
    Thanks again, much appreciated.

alexm1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage spaces.

1. Storage spaces. - Similar Threads - Storage spaces

2. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  3. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  6. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  7. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  8. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  9. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....