Windows 10: Storage spaces

Discus and support Storage spaces in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, First I when to " remove a drive" picked the drive i wanted to remove and let it rip, after several hours it finished. Then it said i could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leonardpayne1, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Storage spaces

OK, First I when to " remove a drive" picked the drive i wanted to remove and let it rip, after several hours it finished. Then it said i could not remove it due to not all was removed. So i restarted and then it came up I could remove it. I removed it, went to add a drive, it gave me an error, tried this several times, no results. so i read, then saw that a 5/2020 update messed up storage spaces. So i figured i would reinstall an older version of windows 10 to bypass this, now 4 of the storage space drive i have data on will not come up in disk manager. it is like they are dead and unreadable, i have 0ne 3TB drive that comes up but the other nothing, what the heck is going on here, also how can i reformat a storage space drive so i can reuse it.

Helppppp

:)

leonardpayne1, Aug 2, 2020
  2. gknorm Win User

Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

Storage spaces [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Aug 2, 2020
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Aug 2, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Storage spaces

Problem with Storage Space

Funny...on actually reading the title on that unrecognized status disk, it is titled Microsoft Storage Space. I was ust surprised to see it listed in the drive list.

56Kruiser, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Storage spaces

1. Storage spaces - Similar Threads - Storage spaces

2. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  3. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  6. I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage

I can't shrink the disk even though i ahve disk space in my storage: i was trying to install ubuntu as dual boot in my system.When i tried to search for the free space it was not available. so i decided to partition my diskOS in the windows itself nut when i was trying to shrink the shrinkable memory was not same as the free space in the disk....
  7. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  8. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  9. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....