Windows 10: Storage - Temporary files = C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ?

Discus and support Storage - Temporary files = C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 Pro x64 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720 ====================================== I run Disk Cleanup as admin and I cleaned all windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gvp9000, Mar 15, 2020.

1. gvp9000 Win User

Storage - Temporary files = C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ?

Win10 Pro x64 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720
    ======================================
    I run Disk Cleanup as admin and I cleaned all windows update components.
    Now disk cleanup shows only 17,3MB of disk space I can reclaim.
    But System Settings - Storage - Temporary files shows 5,05 GB of disk space !!!
    I searched with TreeSizeFree and the only folder with similar size is the "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder.

1. Can anyone confirm this, on his own computer ?
    2. Can I safely delete "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder ?

Storage - Temporary files = C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ? [​IMG]

Thank you.

:)

gvp9000, Mar 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 15, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Regarding Temporary Files

Hi,

I found 448mb of the unaccounted for 524mb Temp files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download...

The Temporary Files in Storage dropped to 75mb after manually deleting them.. I still don't know where these are yet...

slance310, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

Looks like you are on version 1803. I have just checked on an 1803 system and can confirm that the contents of your Downloads folder are included in the total size of 'Temporary files' even though they do not appear in the list of locations you can clear. So it looks like your 'missing' 3.7xGB will be found in your Downloads folder.

Starting with version 1809, the populated list when you left click on Temporary files now includes your Downloads folder.

Thema:

1. Storage - Temporary files = C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download ? - Similar Threads - Storage Temporary files

2. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  3. Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files Storage CleanUp Not Working: I am trying to install the Windows 11 update on my HP laptop. I need to clear space. System Storage says I have 5.33G in Temporary Files. But when I click to delete those, there's only 10kb. I have updated, refreshed, rebooted, cleared every folder manually, emptied trash. On...
  4. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  5. W11 temporary files storage problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 temporary files storage problem?: I can't seem to be able to post any pictures here for some reason, so I'll just try to describe it:i go to settings system then storage then i see all of my storage, there is this section "temporary files" it says it takes up 31.3gb of my storage i went in there cleaned...
  6. Temporary files showing less storage then shown .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary files showing less storage then shown .: Hi , I updated my computer recently , now I am looking for some storage for my computer . So I checked out temporary files , It is showing around 2 GB storage but when I opened it there was nothing but some thumbnails etc, that did not even took storage space. I know 2 GB...
  7. temporary files storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  8. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  9. Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings>System>Storage/Local Storage>Temporary Files?: Left click This PC and Temporary files show 3.77GB. When I left click Temporary files to remove the 3.77GB it populates and shows only approx. 20MB of files that can be removed. Where are the rest of the 3.7xGB of temporary files located that are indicated can be removed and...
  10. Temporary Internet FIles Storage question

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary Internet FIles Storage question: Greetings, I have my Temporary Internet Files storage set to 250MB, but when I recently analysed TIF storage with CCleaner it said the storage was 654MB. Is Windows 10 not doing its job or does it take time to reduce automatically? 80070