Windows 10: Storage transfer

Discus and support Storage transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased additional storage for my One Drive but didnt realise I have 2 accounts, can I transfer the storage from one account to another?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KMG73, Aug 16, 2022.

1. KMG73 Win User

Storage transfer

I purchased additional storage for my One Drive but didnt realise I have 2 accounts, can I transfer the storage from one account to another?

:)

KMG73, Aug 16, 2022

2. transfer storage

Hi,

There are many reasons why you run into this error when transferring your backup files from a Mac hard drive to a Windows 10 computer. For us to isolate the issue further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Have you formatted the hard drive prior to transferring the backup files?

Just a heads up, if the Mac hard drive was not formatted before using it with a Windows 10 PC, it has been suggested to some users to obtain a third party software to be able to access a Mac-formatted drive in File Explorer on your computer. This is not
    advisable to some due to the fact that there are some programs that won't run the files in the same manner.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Storage transfer

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Storage transfer

1. Storage transfer - Similar Threads - Storage transfer

2. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  3. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  4. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...
  5. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...
  6. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

7. USB 3.0 Transfer Speed Capped at <1 mb/s After Running Out of Storage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 Transfer Speed Capped at <1 mb/s After Running Out of Storage.: Hello,I was using a photography program to save a live image stream from USB3 to disk when the program crashed and prompted an error similar to "out of memory, this typically happens when pc storage runs out"Ever since this happened, all of my USB transfer speeds have been...
  8. USB 3.0 Transfer Speed Capped at <1 mb/s After Running Out of Storage.

USB 3.0 Transfer Speed Capped at <1 mb/s After Running Out of Storage.: Hello,I was using a photography program to save a live image stream from USB3 to disk when the program crashed and prompted an error similar to "out of memory, this typically happens when pc storage runs out"Ever since this happened, all of my USB transfer speeds have been...
  9. USB 3.0 Transfer Speed Capped at <1 mb/s After Running Out of Storage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...

How to transfer a 40TB Windows Storage Spaces pool 3x14TB drives with data intact, from a...: Both PCs are running Windws 10 Pro and both are updated to version 22H2. Do I need to use Windows Storagw Spaces to select 'prepare drive for removal' on all 3 drives and then turn off the old PC with the pool before detaching the 3 drives?After attaching all 3 drives in the...