Windows 10: Storage usage problem

Discus and support Storage usage problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I don't know that where is the problem. Actually after update to windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Actually HDD using too much everyday, and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PiyushSharma_99, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Storage usage problem

Hello, I don't know that where is the problem. Actually after update to windows 10 version 2004 to 20H2. Actually HDD using too much everyday, and also i can hear a little voice of spining disk in HDD. But always when i check HDD usage on task manager it shows that HDD is not using so much. And when i checked my desktop pc, it has version 2004 it's HDD usage was not so much, but after updating 20H2 in my desktop pc, again I found that my HDD disk was spinning too fast and task manager shows that disk is not using. i think 20H2 is using HDD so much and fooling us that HDD is not using. Tell me how can i fix it?

:)

PiyushSharma_99, Nov 23, 2020

2. Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Storage usage problem

Mismatched Space Usage

The cause of this is due to the filing system the storage device is formatted in.

You may try to fix read-only error with the following simple instruction.

Step 1: Click on your "Start Menu", type cmd in the search bar, then hit "Enter".

Step 2: Type command diskpart and hit "Enter". A new command line window will open.

Step 3: Type list disk and hit "Enter". (make sure your devices has been listed out, for example, it is listed as disk 0)

Step 4: Type the command select disk 0 and hit "Enter". Now you've removed the read-only attribute from the storage devices. Type
    exit and hit "Enter" to leave the DiskPart utility.

If the suggestion above doesn't work in your case, try to correct Read-Only error by reformatting.

You can just use a reliable third-party partition reformatting tool like
    MiniTool Partition Wizard

Be sure to copy any and all file from the drive as all the data on the drive will be erased. This can be a simple task or a long undertaking depending on the size and usage of the storage device, but is a necessary and important step.

PeterPeng3, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Storage usage problem

1. Storage usage problem - Similar Threads - Storage usage problem

2. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  3. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  4. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Misleading Storage Usage

Misleading Storage Usage: There seems to be an issue with how Windows is calculating storage usage. Only the total storage amount 856 GB is true. Rest all of them are false. Don' know why but this happens also for valorant which I installed on my SSD which in Control Panel displayed 1 TBconsidering my...
  6. storage usage, apps and features

storage usage, apps and features: In storage, it says apps and features is using 174 GB of my very tiny 256GB SSD. BUT when I click on Apps and Features, the numbers are not anywhere close to adding up to 174 GB. When I add up what it shows me, it barely comes to 3 GB, so where is all the other space??...
  7. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  8. Inexplicable Storage usage

Inexplicable Storage usage: I noticed that my 1TB HDD was becoming alarmingly filled up. A short time ago, it was down to 80Gb free so I started uninstalling all games I wasn't playing. I even went through and uninstalled old programs I never use anymore in the Apps and Features. This brought my...
  9. Storage usage different than Storage in explorer

Storage usage different than Storage in explorer: I really need help with this problem I am having that I cannot find anyone else that has the same problem. So on the Storage free in the Settings. it says I have a lot less, this actually effects windows 10 stores downloads and updates. On the storage on the Windows explorer...
  10. storage usage

storage usage: reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c"