Windows 10: storage usage

Discus and support storage usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Francis Thomas Handy, Mar 9, 2019.

1. storage usage

reserved storage usage

:)

Francis Thomas Handy, Mar 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 9, 2019
  4. weamish Win User

storage usage

storage usage

Trying to determine which apps are using the most storage space, but Storage Usage never manages to load - throbbers keep throbbing indefinitely. Any trick to getting this to load? Thanks! ...Steve

weamish, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

storage usage

1. storage usage - Similar Threads - storage usage

2. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Free up storage usage of "Other People"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free up storage usage of "Other People": How do I free up my storage from "Other People", when I check and there are no "Other People"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-storage-usage-of-other-people/d4763bb4-4620-4266-a339-cb7d32ed17a2
  6. Free up storage usage of "Other People"

Free up storage usage of "Other People": How do I free up my storage from "Other People", when I check and there are no "Other People"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-storage-usage-of-other-people/d4763bb4-4620-4266-a339-cb7d32ed17a2
  7. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  8. Maxed out storage storage device usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maxed out storage storage device usage: A bit of an update to my last question posted in late July https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disk-usage-maxed-on-maxone-drive/1a0389b4-24b2-4e26-a173-6adf7791d02d read this for more details, I've tried everything I can think of, short of...
  9. Maxed out storage storage device usage

10. 100% disk usage but storage is fine w11

100% disk usage but storage is fine w11: Hi,I’ve been experiencing a lot of issues on my laptop recently.I’m on an Acer Nitro AN515-52. Specs :Processor : Intel Core i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz Installed RAM: 8.00Gb 7.85GB usableSystem type : 64-bit system, x64 processorAll updates W11 are done, I updated my drivers, ran...