Windows 10: Storage volumes

Discus and support Storage volumes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So why if I only have 8 volumes total, including the extra two partitions on drive C does it show so many volumes under device manager's storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChueyChomp, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Storage volumes

So why if I only have 8 volumes total, including the extra two partitions on drive C does it show so many volumes under device manager's storage volumes?

Storage volumes de1c8438-b9e1-4b60-b1ca-d1ad44db87eb?upload=true.png Storage volumes f62b4f88-017c-4251-b3f4-c1b88f4227b8?upload=true.png

:)

ChueyChomp, Apr 5, 2020

2. Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

1. Install Windows 1607 & 1709 dual boot system
    2. Connect two free disks
    3. Boot into 1607
    4. Create storage pool, assign two free disks, create two-way mirror volume
    5. Copy data to new volume
    6. Reboot into 1709
    7. Upgrade your Storage Space pool to gain new features as MS suggests
    8. Reboot into 1607
    9. Your Storage Space configuration looks now as in the picture, volume is inaccessible
    10. Notice that doing step 7 was not the smartest idea, data are now accessible only from Windows 1709.

Question: Is it possible to simply revert Storage Spaces metadata back to version 1607? Answer: No. It is necessary to backup data, destroy upgraded pool, create new pool & mirror in Windows 1607, and restore data.

Is it so hard to understand what necros asks for?

muchomurka, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Storage volumes

Any way to downgrade ver. of MS Storage spaces volume w/o data loss?

WOW this sound even worse than a straight up RAID 0, This confirms I'll never use this feature if I ever need to have a RAID 0 Volume I'll use IRST

I still think if the OP has a full back up of the volume he should be able to restore it to a newer version of SS or a IRST Volume or a single drive

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Storage volumes

1. Storage volumes - Similar Threads - Storage volumes

2. Missing "System > Storage > Manage Disk & Volume" Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing "System > Storage > Manage Disk & Volume" Menu: [ATTACH] I found this article: https://www.technewstoday.com/what-is-normal-ssd-temperature/, as I was curious what my pc's drive temps were doing some intensive copying. The powershell command showed the data I wanted to see, but I'm curious why my Windows 10 wouldn't...
  3. i deleted a volum on my disk and lost storage capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i deleted a volum on my disk and lost storage capacity: i do not know how or why it hapend and not eaven the comand promt can see that it is suposed to be more storage .what hapend was i had maid a windows startup drive for my friend who had to instal windows. it worked and when i got home i whanted to use the driv for somthing...
  4. i deleted a volum on my disk and lost storage capacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i deleted a volum on my disk and lost storage capacity: i do not know how or why it hapend and not eaven the comand promt can see that it is suposed to be more storage .what hapend was i had maid a windows startup drive for my friend who had to instal windows. it worked and when i got home i whanted to use the driv for somthing...
  5. Random 100% usage on Storage spaces volumes freezes system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random 100% usage on Storage spaces volumes freezes system.: I have Windows 10 pro, and I have a windows Storage Pool of 65.4 TB, and four 16 TB volumes with parity. Randomly, a volume will peg at 100% utilization. I see no disk activity out of the ordinary in task manager, yet the performance tab shows the volumes pegged for usage....
  6. Random 100% usage on Storage spaces volumes freezes system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random 100% usage on Storage spaces volumes freezes system.: I have Windows 10 pro, and I have a windows Storage Pool of 65.4 TB, and four 16 TB volumes with parity. Randomly, a volume will peg at 100% utilization. I see no disk activity out of the ordinary in task manager, yet the performance tab shows the volumes pegged for usage....
  7. Random 100% usage on Storage spaces volumes freezes system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. C drive storage extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage extend volume: I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me....
  9. SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder using big storage

SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder using big storage: My F: drive SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder is using 19.5 GB storage. I have already reduced the storage usage for protection to 5.81gb.What should i do? Can i delete this folder?...
  10. ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount

ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount: I have 2-way mirrored storage space that reads as healthy when the ReFS volume is unmounted. The problem is when I try to mount it via diskmgmt, explorer will hang forever with System using about 10% CPU forever. I've tried leaving this process running for 4 days and it did...