Windows 10: Storage

Discus and support Storage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i would like to ask its got anywhere to clean the disk c ?. Because just now i install a wrong program and my disk c is almost full . its got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamietay1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. jamietay1 Win User

Storage

Hi i would like to ask its got anywhere to clean the disk c ?. Because just now i install a wrong program and my disk c is almost full . its got anywhere to deep clean my disk other than format?

:)

jamietay1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Storage

Storage options

Hi,

To help you change your storage preferences, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to go to Settings.
    • Click System and select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, you can change where the files, apps and others will go.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Storage

1. Storage - Similar Threads - Storage

2. May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update, increases storage requirement---- clarification?: I have a detailed document, much of it above my head, with the hardware requirements for the May update showing it to have been increased to 32 GB, and more for the 64bit OS. There are certain things important to those of us with 2-in-1 small storage Tablet PCs which are not...
  3. Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum storage requirement increases for Windows 10 May 2019 Update: 3.3.1 Storage device size Devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions must include a storage device that meets the size requirements shown in Table 12. Table 12: Storage size requirements for devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions OS architecture OS version...
  4. Microsoft details storage, CPU requirements for Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details storage, CPU requirements for Windows 10 version 1903: Windows 10 May 2019 Update is scheduled to go live in late May and Microsoft is updating its support documents with new information. Recently, Microsoft published the list of processors supported in the Windows 10 May 2019 Update and minimum storage requirements. The list of...
  5. Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked if storage device is attached

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update could be blocked if storage device is attached: Windows 10 May 2019 Update is around the corners, but Microsoft has already blocked a group of users from receiving the update if their computer has a USB storage device attached. A new support document from Microsoft warns Windows 10 users that the May 2019 Update may not...
  6. Storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space: I am trying to clear up storage on my laptop. I have gone into my storage settings, and it shows under "other" that it is using 692gb as per below. [ATTACH] I then open this up, but it only gives me a few folders which don't seem to be very large at all. . [ATTACH] Any...
  7. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  8. The OneDrive app on Windows 10 crashes when trying to change the local storage folder

The OneDrive app on Windows 10 crashes when trying to change the local storage folder: I have a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop PC and I need to connect OneDrive for both business and personal use. I started with business and setup OneDrive with no issues, including changing the local folder location to a different drive. I then...
  9. SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10)

SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10): I am running Windows 10 Home 1709, OS Build 16299.371 I installed this SD card, https://www.sandisk.in/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extreme-microsd-a2 [ATTACH] However I get an error as per the below: SD Storage Class Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10)...
  10. Two email storage files have disappeared Microsoft Outlook 2016

Two email storage files have disappeared Microsoft Outlook 2016: Using Microsoft OUtlook 2016. Two files for email storage have disappeared. They are not in the deleted or archive files. Suggestions?...