Windows 10: Storage

Discus and support Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have used all of my 240 gb SSD and I don't know how to switch storage to my 1tb of HDD . PLease help. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datboi3, Nov 18, 2018.

1. datboi3 Win User

Storage

I have used all of my 240 gb SSD and I don't know how to switch storage to my 1tb of HDD

. PLease help. Thank you

:)

datboi3, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Storage

Storage options

Hi,

To help you change your storage preferences, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to go to Settings.
    • Click System and select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, you can change where the files, apps and others will go.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Storage

1. Storage - Similar Threads - Storage

2. How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive: Ok, let's get some requirements of this post out of the way, as it's irrelevant and I've always had this issue but only joined tenforums.com just now to seek advice from other Windows 10 users: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) But I must...
  3. Clearing storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clearing storage space: I'm trying to clear up some space. I've cleared and deleted all unwanted files, the issue is when I open up my storage it indicates that 'temporary files' are taking up 4.25GB of space, yet when I open it up it shows only 50MB worth of data to clear. I have previously cleared...
  4. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  5. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  6. I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.

I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.: My laptop has 64GB of storage. I can account for about 24GB. File Explorer only shows that I have only 8GB free. Where is the other 32GB of storage?...
  7. Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.: How do I make an SSD NVMePCIe M.2 as your new boot drive while not getting rid of my HDD. I want to use my HDD for storage but do not want to format it or anything I want to keep it in my laptop and just have the important stuff like windows windows 10, steam, and a few other...
  8. Win10 - Storage Pool Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 - Storage Pool Error: [ATTACH] I just got the problem, that I can't copy any new files to my HDD (which is set up as a storage pool). My disk has still over 4.8 TB free space and it shows the Error that the HDD has no space left. It also creats the Event ID 23 "Volsnap". I checkt my Storage...
  9. storage spaces

storage spaces: im running windows 10 on an nvme drive and i also have three 3tb drives in parity in storage pools. my question is if i do a fresh install of windows 10 do i keep or lose my storage pool?...
  10. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?: Hi, I have tried to create a Recovery Disk for my PC with Windows 10. I followed all the steps given and there came a caution saying: Be aware that all your data drive will be deleted. This put me off and I did not precede. As I could not understand that data that would be...