Windows 10: Storage

Discus and support Storage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What other specific options do I have to free up space in order to get updates. I have uninstalled apps, I moved folders and files to an outside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavisTax Prep, May 15, 2019.

1. Storage

What other specific options do I have to free up space in order to get updates.

I have uninstalled apps, I moved folders and files to an outside deleted storage drive. Need to clear up 8 GB.

I have done clean up now many times, emptied trash folder, but am now at a standstill.

Also having trouble backing up on storage drive. What else is possible.

:)

DavisTax Prep, May 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 15, 2019
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 15, 2019
  4. Storage

Storage options

Hi,

To help you change your storage preferences, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to go to Settings.
    • Click System and select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, you can change where the files, apps and others will go.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Storage

1. Storage - Similar Threads - Storage

2. System & reserved storage showing wrong figures in 1903.

in Windows 10 Support
    System & reserved storage showing wrong figures in 1903.: I have recently clean installed 1903 and Storage usage in settings shows my 66.3GB C partition as 126GB of which I have used 104GB. This 104GB is the settings app adding up all the figures underneath (the free space is correct). [img] [img] Drilling down into System &...
  3. Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!: Hi guys - guess what: Just tried one of those techie helps on the net - and of course they wanted access to my computer. So far so good, but that was an extra $56 and - what were they going to do that I hadn't done already? So I thought, hang on, I'll just give it one...
  4. How to enable or disable Reserved Storage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Reserved Storage on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every time a Windows Feature Update rolls out to end consumers, many complain about low storage space, not able to download the updates, slow update experience, and so on. The problem is that many of them dont have enough storage [...] This post How to...
  5. Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserved Storage disable In Windows 10 Latest Version 1903: Hi There! I just upgraded My Windows 10 to latest version 1903,Basically installed fresh. I have 32 GB SSD on which windows is installed . And With New Feature added in Win 10 that is Reserved storage for updates etc, It has taken 7.21 Gb of my system space and i have just...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer - inconsistent file storage count/usage

Windows 10 File Explorer - inconsistent file storage count/usage: I'm attempting to determine how much space a folder is using in Windows 10 File Explorer. I right-click the Properties and see that it says on 20Gb when I know it's much more. I then use an alternative app (TreeSize) and it calculates the storage used on the same folder as a...
  7. Windows 10 - separate storage drives for software and data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - separate storage drives for software and data: I recently bought a PC with Windows Pro, built from an Intel NUC 8i7 with a fast 512GB NVME SSD and a 1TB HHD, intending to use the SSD for software and other high-access files, and the HDD for normal data. It came yesterday with everything set up on the NVMe SSD as the C:...
  8. Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time: Greetings! I have two identical HP xw4600 Workstations running Windows 10. They each have an add-on card for USB-C. Connected to that USB-C expansion card is a USB-C hub that has 3 standard USB 3.0 ports plus two card reading slots. Again, both machines have this same...
  9. TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN: Many have asked this but most answers seem to involve the system showing the device as recognised but not working. My problem is that it won't even recognise the device. I have tried it on a different system and it autoloads the software and is then fully functioning, however...
  10. I can never free up enough storage space!

I can never free up enough storage space!: I want to delete all of my files from this computer but I keeps telling me I need more space. I've done everything I can think of and have uninstalled everything I can but it's still not enough and now I just have an empty laptop that somehow is full to the brim. Please...