Windows 10: storage

Discus and support storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought my Acer nitro five (windows ten) and I downloaded a few apps witch took up around 30 gigabytes of storage and after this it says I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maxwellkirchgessner, Aug 11, 2019.

1. storage

I just bought my Acer nitro five (windows ten) and I downloaded a few apps witch took up around 30 gigabytes of storage and after this it says I have used 200 gigabytes of space with I have counted up the amount of space I used and it is way under 200 like I said earlier around 30 gigabytes I am wondering if this is a virus or a glitch, and how do I solve it?

storage 768b459a-f397-4ad3-9000-937b28d74b24?upload=true.png storage f3d3b886-f433-416a-9375-bf5f9dda4a74?upload=true.png storage 7a3204d0-5064-4002-beb9-ad8738e8a8fb?upload=true.png

:)

maxwellkirchgessner, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 11, 2019
  4. storage

Storage options

Hi,

To help you change your storage preferences, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to go to Settings.
    • Click System and select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, you can change where the files, apps and others will go.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

storage

1. storage - Similar Threads - storage

2. How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from a older pc, to a new pc?: How to transfer a storage pool (data & drives), from win10 64 pro, to a new pc, win10 64 Education edition. FYI: The existing storage pool has not been upgraded since it was created approximately a year and 1/2 ago. No storage pools are set up on the new system at this...
  3. Storage Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage Issues: I've deleted every app and most files I have access to (that I'm positive aren't important) in an attempt to free up space. In the end, even after clearing cache, it still says that I don't even have enough space to update......
  4. Using External Storage Device for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using External Storage Device for Windows Update: I have Windows Update Assistant to update Windows 10. The laptop I am using has a 28 GB hard drive so even after using disk cleanup and moving files I won't be able to get 8GB free, at least without drastic changes such as uninstalling Office.. Supposedly one can attach a...
  5. Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?: Hi guys, So this is a multiple question on same topic thread. So my current set up is 3 SSD drives, two the same running in software RAID0 (I think they call it resilient mode in Storage Spaces settings) which I use to install games not sure if this is woth it or not, does...
  6. one drive indicating contrdicting info...free storage full yet on 54mb used at same...

one drive indicating contrdicting info...free storage full yet on 54mb used at same...: red "X" displayed over some but not all files and folders. photos (jpgs) icon sometimes display thumbnail and sometimes display blue on white Win10 default photo icon.... how do I get all jpgs to display thumbnail? one drive icon in system tray indicates that free storage...
  7. storage

storage: how I transfer my storage from one drive to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage/abc8cd5c-b274-44f3-98ac-cfe290ebe6fc"
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Link Power Management) Performance Issues in Win 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Link Power Management) Performance Issues in Win 1803: This is an update on a post about the same issue I made about a year ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-link-power/730feed5-924b-4bb9-8e7e-bfa20a387c65 What I have discovered since is that there is a difference between...
  9. Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update (August 2019) Error “Please insert the external storage media and press OK”: Alienware 15. Insufficient space for update. Used a WD external hard drive that is password locked. Upon restart, it requires the external hard drive BUT I CAN’T UNLOCK IT. I can F2 to BIOS but I don’t know where to go there....
  10. Storage

Storage: How do I upgrade to 1 TB OneDrive space without subscribing to Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage/9c4998f2-5062-4487-a4d4-8993d260f6dc"