Windows 10: storahci.sys BSOD

Discus and support storahci.sys BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. I got a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-108 model. Last night before i shut it down i select Update and shut down. This morning when i turn it on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnnyjohn, Apr 16, 2016.

1. storahci.sys BSOD

Hey guys. I got a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-108 model. Last night before i shut it down i select Update and shut down. This morning when i turn it on it stucked at the Toshiba loading screen and after that it went into a blue screen with an error of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys)Attachment 75190 and after it goes back to the toshiba loading screen ( loop )

I searched online and what i did until now didnt work. I created a bootable USB so i can enter into troubleshooting.

1. SFC/ -verify and SCAN NOW couldnt perform the operation
    2. Doesnt go into safe mode. Attachment 75191 <-Stucks to this when i select safe mode.

3. Automatic Startup Repair. 5 hours repairing but still nothing.

4. Tried to System Restore. It doesnt work because C: file system corruption and it started scanning and repairing the drive . Also stucked there.

5. After retrying to enter safe mode it went into the welcome screen for a while and then a black screen with a mouse and a loading cursor appeared and stuck there.

Can anyone help please?? Ive got to do projects for my finals.. im so unlucky

Thanks

:)

johnnyjohn, Apr 16, 2016

2. Periodic Blue Screen Of Death

Just this morning I had two BSOD events.

The first one happened before Windows started loading while the motherboard BIOS were still on-screen.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Then the PC restarted itself and got past BIOS and started loading windows and then BSOD appeared again.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what failed storahci.sys

And then it restarted and booted up just fine. There are no new minidumps and there is no new MEMORY.dump file.

AnthonyGDI, Apr 16, 2016
  3. RG_Tech Win User
    Verifier BSOD with DEVICE_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION with no indication of what driver was at fault

That reminds me that I meant to mention that I have to exclude the following drivers from Verifier or I get boot time BSOD's:

SSRFSF.SYS

VTRACK.SYS

SYMEFASI64.SYS

This was relevant information and agrees with your analysis.

Any advice on the use of either IASTORA.SYS or STORAHCI.SYS? And, why the DUMP_* drivers of either is always listed in Verifier?

Thanks for the help!

RG_Tech, Apr 16, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

storahci.sys BSOD

storahci.sys is the system native Standard SATA AHCI Controller. It should not cause an issue on itself. Some settings seems to be changed during the windows update; and it can be said that you are really unlucky.

A system restore would have been the easiest fix, but unfortunately it does not work, too.

The fixing process may take some time, it may take days. And you need to complete the project. So you have less time in your hand.

First, try to boot into the BIOS. Load it to the optimized defaults. See if the storage controller mode is set to the right one. Alter between the available storage controller modes and try to boot the computer normally. If an attempt boots, fine and good.

If the above does not work, thinking about the time constraint I would suggest you to backup your data and start from scratch.

To back up the data, you may use Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk. Browse to C, copy and paste your data externally.
    Then opt for a Clean Reinstall.
    This process will be much less time consuming, IMHO.

Thema:

storahci.sys BSOD

1. storahci.sys BSOD - Similar Threads - storahci sys BSOD

2. Bluescreen crashes from storahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen crashes from storahci?: I built a new Windows 11 Workstation PC recently but it's had 20+ bluescreen crashes. The error is always:122922-10140-01.dmp 29/12/2022 6:49:07 PM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f 00000000`00000003 ffffb08e`7dc5a050 ffffe50f`bf2bf198 ffffb08e`8409e8e0 ntoskrnl.exe...
  3. Bluescreen crashes from storahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen crashes from storahci?: I built a new Windows 11 Workstation PC recently but it's had 20+ bluescreen crashes. The error is always:122922-10140-01.dmp 29/12/2022 6:49:07 PM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f 00000000`00000003 ffffb08e`7dc5a050 ffffe50f`bf2bf198 ffffb08e`8409e8e0 ntoskrnl.exe...
  4. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  5. error 129 from storahci

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error 129 from storahci: Since upgrading to Windows 10 my machine has been freezing for about 30 seconds at a time. I've tracked this down using event viewer to the dreaded Error 129, with a source of storahci. I've made sure my SSD firmware is up to date according to the manufacturer, and Device...
  6. STORAHCI Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STORAHCI Error: I am getting an occasional storahci warning Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. It happens every few days and corrupts the file system. It does not usually cause a BSOD, but I have had 2 prior BSOD before 1. Here are the mini dump files:...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags: