Windows 10: STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers

Discus and support STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two weeks ago a good friend of mine asked me to build a high performance computer from scratch. I bought almost the best parts available at this moment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Catal Solom, Mar 7, 2020.

1. STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers

Two weeks ago a good friend of mine asked me to build a high performance computer from scratch. I bought almost the best parts available at this moment for a Ryzen 9 3900X processor. Before attaching any SSD/HDD I tested the platform with different tools for Processor, Memory, Motherboard, PSU, GPU. All worked fine so I attached a brand new Samsung SSD 860 Pro for installing a testing Windows 10 Pro a 970 M.2 1TB was planned for installing later. Everything went smooth and very fast.

After getting into Windows the system freezes randomly without writing any dump file. After restart I got the BIOS interface and SSD was not listed as installed like power off symptom. This issue sent me back in 2010's when this happened in Windows 7 too. So I added some tweaks in Power Options related to AHCI I set the value to Active but this did not solve anything. I tried a different power source for SSD with no positive result. My first thought was the SSD was disconnected by Windows for some reasons. I booted in Safe Mode and for two days the issues did not appear. I disconnected the SSD and I connected an HDD which worked as expected, no freezing. In conclusion, for some reasons Windows 10 was disconnecting my SSD drive.

I started to tweak the registry in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device. Changing the following values:

NoLPM = *

SingleIO = *

TreatAsInternalPort = 0 1 2 3 4 5 I added this string

and the magic happened suddenly. I was able to keep the system running for 48 hours without any freezing. This solution was never mention anywhere but reading many websites on Internet people still have this issue in 2020. Unfortunately they are blaming AMD, Motherboard, PSU, Memory, SSD but the issues is coming from Microsoft driver. They must do some tweaks to get the system working.

At this moment I need an advised help from Microsoft engineers to understand all these values in registry. In fast what they mean. What are EnableCLOReset, ExpectedMsiMessageCount, IgnoreHotPlug, ..., SingleIO? How we can change to make our life better and not pulling the hear out?

Thank you.

:)

Catal Solom, Mar 7, 2020

2. N70: Tips and Tricks.

Some more on Tips and Tricks:

Using PC’s internet connection via Bluetooth at your PC’s connection speed.

Check out this guide at following URL:

http://crazylittleworld.com/2006/03/making-the-most-out-of-nokia-n70-part-2/#more-224

Fantastic step by step procedure with screenshots and works perfectly fine.

Guy has also written some more tips and I did like those as well so in case u wanna check those below is the URL.

http://crazylittleworld.com/category/nokia-n70-guides/

-Ankit

anksush---01, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Tips and tricks or whatever

Hello
    neuf512,

We'd like to know more about your concern. Could you provide more details on what you're trying to achieve on Windows 10?

If you're referring to the notifications on Windows 10, you can turn off all tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows from its settings. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button, type Settings, then press
      Enter.
    2. Select System > click on Notifications
      &
      actions.
    3. Under Notifications, you can toggle off all notifications on Windows. See the screenshot below:

STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers fdf7fc8a-2736-4d8b-b65f-8e92346f0771?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Mar 7, 2020
  4. korngear Win User

STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers

5700 tip/trick

About tips/tricks: a new section is launched called nseries tips/tricks./discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=54784

But hence 5700 falls in the series 60 3rd edition category you can find that information also helpful to you.

korngear, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers

1. STORAHCI - Tips & Tricks request from Microsoft Engineers - Similar Threads - STORAHCI Tips Tricks

2. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  3. Windows 11 tips & tricks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 tips & tricks: What the tips and tricks for windows 11[Original Title: Windows 11] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tips-tricks/0b48e462-ed0b-4d3e-9863-877e9780e1fa
  4. Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks: Windows Terminal is a command-line tool developed by Microsoft. Using this tool, you can run multiple command-line tools like Command Prompt, PowerShell, etc., in separate tabs. Apart from this, you can also add different command-line emulators to the Windows Terminal by...
  5. Firewalls tips&Tricks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls tips&Tricks: Hello community here, What's recommended tips and tricks of Windows built-in Firewalls? what should ON or OFF? I wanna know right configs and make it more secure to harden traffics and kinds of threats? Or to suggest me good guides of it. I am afraid to change something...
  6. Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks: [ATTACH]Vivaldi browser is one of those browsers which offers excellent privacy controls and customization. In this post, we are sharing some essential tips and tricks […] This article Best Vivaldi Browser Tips and Tricks first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows Clipboard Manager Tips and Tricks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Clipboard Manager Tips and Tricks: [ATTACH] The Windows Clipboard is central to a lot of things, but it quietly works in the background. In fact, the very Copy & Paste operations are carried out with the use of Windows Clipboard. In some sense the Windows native [...] This post Windows Clipboard Manager Tips...
  8. VM Tips and Tricks?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Tips and Tricks?: Hello, When I purchased my recent laptop, I had it come downgraded to Windows 7 Pro on a junk drive. So I essentially had a Windows 7 key and 8 key. I replaced the junk drive with an SSD and installed Windows 8 using the key in the BIOS. Today, the laptop is on Windows 10...
  9. Tips & Tricks

in Windows 10 Support
    Tips & Tricks: Post any tips, tricks, or workarounds here. How to use Windows 10 Technical Preview PC Start Search Cortana Apps Photos File Explorer Maps Xbox Personalization and settings Touch and keyboard Updates and feedback Windows Keyboard shortcuts (there's probably a...
  10. Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks: Despite still being very much an early preview, Windows 10 is already brimming with handy new featues, along with new tweaks and tricks—and, because the operating is still in preview, a handful of those tricks unlock powerful functionality hidden to everyday users....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot