Windows 10: Store and Mail not working

Discus and support Store and Mail not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have seen other people post about this but nothing I have tried has worked. I tried installing a program for a game and another program installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marissa Gillen-Davis, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Store and Mail not working

I have seen other people post about this but nothing I have tried has worked. I tried installing a program for a game and another program installed along with it somehow. Thinking that it was probably bad for computer I deleted them both and restarted the computer. Now, both the store app and the mail app won't work. Their icons are just empty boxes and when I open them an empty window pops up for about 3 seconds and disappears. I tried a system restore and chkdsk but they both keep freezing when I do so I'm thinking maybe something important may have gotten corrupted. The mail and the store app are the only things that actually don't work though. So is there some other way I can fix my files and get things working again?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

:)

Marissa Gillen-Davis, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Store and Mail do not work

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

Step 1: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Mail app for Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-tutorial

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working
    again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open PowerShell
      as administrator. Type PowerShell in the search box, right click on it and select
      run as administrator.

• Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail app from the Store (green tile).

Method 3:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Store and Mail not working

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Store and Mail not working

1. Store and Mail not working - Similar Threads - Store Mail working

2. Mail not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not working: Since 10 no longer accepts yahoo mail, I switched to the windows 10 mail app but am getting a message the past 24 hours that nothing has arrived yet. Please assist with steps needed to resolve this problem...
  3. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  4. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  5. Mail not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail not working: I just got a new laptop and am trying to get the mail working and every time I try to get my Gmail to work it goes through then right after it asks for the name to use for messages it starts to load then says they couldn't find my settings. I've tried everything from turning...
  6. Mail not working

Mail not working: I just got a new laptop and am trying to get the mail working and every time I try to get my Gmail to work it goes through then right after it asks for the name to use for messages it starts to load then says they couldn't find my settings. I've tried everything from turning...
  7. mail and store apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and store apps not working: I just finally got my windows 10 to update from version 1803 thanks to the help I received on here. Now i am having a problem getting the windows store and the mail app to work. they come up like they want to open and then close out before they load. Not sure if I did...
  8. Mail not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail not working: My Mail App says the account "needs fixing" but when I click "fix account" it just says "fixing account" and just hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-not-working/cf7e1210-bdf3-49e0-a585-f520c1e5eec9
  9. Store and Mail not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Store and Mail not working: I have seen other people post about this but nothing I have tried has worked. I tried installing a program for a game and another program installed along with it somehow. Thinking that it was probably bad for computer I deleted them both and restarted the computer. Now, both...
  10. windows store and mail not working

windows store and mail not working: Woke up this morning to windows store app when i open it just doing a circle thing, and windows mail will open but wont let me do anything, what is going on, beginning to think windows 10 was a big mistake. How do i fix it please thanks much. 14263