Windows 10: Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

Discus and support Store and Microsoft Photos will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried all the tricks and still no luck. I am unable to open Photos App or even open the Microsoft Store since the last update. Please assist!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CindyZaluski, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

I have tried all the tricks and still no luck. I am unable to open Photos App or even open the Microsoft Store since the last update. Please assist!

:)

CindyZaluski, Mar 31, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Store and Microsoft Photos will not open :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 31, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

Get Microsoft Photos - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

1. Store and Microsoft Photos will not open - Similar Threads - Store Microsoft Photos

2. Microsoft Store and Photos do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Photos do not open: I was attempting to open Photos previously, but got a file system error -2147219196. This prevents me from viewing image files in Photos.I uninstalled Photos and attempted to open the Microsoft Store to reinstall, and it wouldn't open. I forced it to open with wsreset.exe and...
  3. Microsoft Store and Photos do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos do not open: I was attempting to open Photos previously, but got a file system error -2147219196. This prevents me from viewing image files in Photos.I uninstalled Photos and attempted to open the Microsoft Store to reinstall, and it wouldn't open. I forced it to open with wsreset.exe and...
  4. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  5. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  6. Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening: Apps such as clock, camera, Microsoft store, and photos are not opening.When clicked on it, they pretend to download but do not.If reset and repaired, they still do not open...Thanks...
  7. Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening

Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening: Apps such as clock, camera, Microsoft store, and photos are not opening.When clicked on it, they pretend to download but do not.If reset and repaired, they still do not open...Thanks...
  8. i cant open microsoft store or photos

i cant open microsoft store or photos: when i try to open photos it says "Theres a problem with Photos. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator." and i cant reinstall itfrom the microsoft storebecause when i click on microsoft store nothing happens it doesnt even...
  9. Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open: After opening nay of these apps they tend to crash in the midst of loading. Please help. https://reddit.com/link/l5aho7/video/ysemrtgp9nd61/player submitted by /u/keyvahnsthebest [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open

Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open: Microsoft Store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open. I've tried everything. Literally everything from all the resets to the PowerShell yet nothing works and it stays greyed out. What do I do to fix this because it doesn't let me import anything from my phone and camera into...