Windows 10: Store app broken

Discus and support Store app broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last suggestion I have: Try the control Panel Trouble shooter: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting Press view all and select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Berton, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Store app broken

Still have the problem, even after a reboot. I'm not sure what update broke this, but I think I'll have to do a System Restore back a couple of days.

fireshaper, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Berton Win User

The only difference between my System Restore of 7/17/2015 and suggested updates since the restore are these:

KB3074686 and KB3074678 Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems

KB3074681, KB3074679, KB3074680 and KB3074674 Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems.

Berton, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Warkratos Win User
    Uninstalled all updates and it's still the same, not opening. I don't know what is causing this, I think I'll have to wait for some Windows updates.

Warkratos, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Store app broken

I didn't Uninstall the updates I listed, just did a System Restore to a date before them, in my case it was 7/17/2015.

Berton, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Maybe it's Profile related.

Try creating a new account to test this. If that works, you cana move any data you want to keep from the old account

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2015
  6. Warkratos Win User
    I'm happy to come with the fix!

Found it on Windows Central Forum, go to C:\Users\[ACCOUNTNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Delete all folders inside LocalCache, start the app and it works!!! Thank you all for helping!

Source: Store crashing upon opening build (10240) - Windows Central Forums

Warkratos, Jul 26, 2015
  7. ZAL
    zal Win User
    Thanks Warkratos, that worked perfectly. I also have been having this problem and re-registering/sfc/dism didn't do anything.

8. BTiger Win User

Store app broken

1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (C*Smile"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    Actually, that computer has been taken out of service, can't get the released version on it. I did set up the Win7 computer I had reserved for Win10 on Wed. PM, works fine. Also Upgraded a Win8.1 Notebook to Win10 on Thur, only needed to download the Bluetooth driver from Dell [their Web page showed the Win10 drivers available] and Upgraded a Dell Venue Tablet from Win8.1 to Win10 on Fri. AM.

Berton, Aug 2, 2015
  10. zenkhas Win User
    Create another Windows account and check if store is working on that account. If it works, just simply switch to that account. I had same problem and that's what i did.

zenkhas, Aug 2, 2015
  11. I can't even find the Windows Store on my machine. running those command prompts netted 0 results.

Any suggestions?

sparker781, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Store app broken

1. Store app broken - Similar Threads - Store app broken

2. Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken: Hello, i've had this problem for a few weeks now, and i've tried to fix it in multiple ways. Completely reinstalling the XBOX app and Microsoft store, using the built-in windows app repair tool which detected an issue, but didn't resolve it I have also used the SFC and DISM...
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  4. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  5. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: So yesterday I wanted to install a game trough the xbox app gamepass and I got the error 0x000001, it didn't even start to install. After looking for solutions I found out that it has something to do with the game services app. The problem is now that I can't install the game...
  7. Microsoft store apps broken

Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  8. Windows store and apps totally broken

Windows store and apps totally broken: Hi all, I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on launch, so I tried to restore them from the "app properties" page, and they started working again for a while, but after 1 2 days...
  9. Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!

Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!: Everytime i would launch either apps they would keep trying to load but wouldnt work, i needed to reinstall xbox app but microsoft store had the same problem i tried resetting and try numerous different methods of fixing it, but still wouldnt work. is it a virus? did i mess...
  10. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...