Windows 10: Store app broken

Discus and support Store app broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Berton, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Berton Win User

Store app broken

The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link to report to Microsoft also missing now.

:)

Berton, Jul 24, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Broken Store App

After updating my computer from windows 8.1 to the latest version windows 10.1, the app store stopped working. the store app will open for a few seconds but then it will just shut down. I have no clue what to do . is there anyone that has experienced the
    same thing, if so how did you go about fixing it

justincovington, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Store app broken

Try typing wsreset either in file explorers address bar, run dialog or command prompt to reset the store and all uni apps.

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Already tried that, no help.

Berton, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I was able to catch a screenshot and this is all I get before it closes, as described:

Berton, Jul 24, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    More: just rebooted and noticed that it is no longer requiring my Password or PIN.

Berton, Jul 24, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Store app broken

You can try fixing the files by copy & pasting in an Admin
    Command Prompt:

Dism.exe/online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

And let it run through then
    reboot and run it again to check if it cleaned everything. It
    may take a while depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD), and it may
    appear to freeze at 20% on the third part, just be patient and
    let it run out.

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2015
  9. If the dism. sfc commands that Cliff S provided don't resolve the issue ...

You might try signing-in to your MS account
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

You could also try uninstalling those suspected updates - change your network to metered to prevent auto-install, reboot
    If the store is operable, go immediately to the store and check for updates. There was a Store app update that might unravel something.

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  10. I had the exact same problem with Windows store until I upgraded to build 10240 (RTM). After that the STore works like a charm (although of course their are few apps taht are sorthwhile)

martyfelker, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Warkratos Win User
    Same here, any help?

PS: Windows Update is in "Notify" mode with the tutorial that I found here.

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    When a Windows app from the Store will not load or open, it may just need to be registered again to fix it.

This tutorial will show you how to re-register all Windows Store apps installed in your user account in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
    Apps - Re-register in Windows 8 and 10
    Published by Brink

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2015
  13. Warkratos Win User

Store app broken

Tried all the 3 steps on this post, none of them worked.

Warkratos, Jul 25, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    *SadI wasn't really sure if it would, because it's for an older build, but it was worth a try though.

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
Thema:

Store app broken

1. Store app broken - Similar Threads - Store app broken

2. Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken: Hello, i've had this problem for a few weeks now, and i've tried to fix it in multiple ways. Completely reinstalling the XBOX app and Microsoft store, using the built-in windows app repair tool which detected an issue, but didn't resolve it I have also used the SFC and DISM...
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  4. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  5. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: So yesterday I wanted to install a game trough the xbox app gamepass and I got the error 0x000001, it didn't even start to install. After looking for solutions I found out that it has something to do with the game services app. The problem is now that I can't install the game...
  7. Microsoft store apps broken

Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  8. Windows store and apps totally broken

Windows store and apps totally broken: Hi all, I'm writing because i've a problem with windows store and all the windows apps. One day all my windows apps stopped working, crashing on launch, so I tried to restore them from the "app properties" page, and they started working again for a while, but after 1 2 days...
  9. Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!

Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!: Everytime i would launch either apps they would keep trying to load but wouldnt work, i needed to reinstall xbox app but microsoft store had the same problem i tried resetting and try numerous different methods of fixing it, but still wouldnt work. is it a virus? did i mess...
  10. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...