Windows 10: Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1

Discus and support Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded on 7/29 and none of my Store Apps work. Store app is grayed out with a download arrow. I have run sfc /scannow and DISM restore health... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Surfnot, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Surfnot Win User

Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1

I upgraded on 7/29 and none of my Store Apps work. Store app is grayed out with a download arrow. I have run sfc /scannow and DISM restore health commands. There are no issues. I saw a command to fix the issue in another part of the forum, which I ran and completed but still no joy. That command:

Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"

Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 [​IMG]

I have gone though Brink's excellent Tutorials on re-registering Store and all apps. When reregistering Store, attachment "Error Store Reg" gives the details.

When I try and re-register all apps, attachment "StoreAppReReg-error" shows the errors.

Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 [​IMG]

When I run wsreset.exe, I get the error "ms-windows-storeStore App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 :purgeCaches. The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem". I have been reluctant to do this in case I lose StoreApp altogether after removal and cannot install again.

Would greatly appreciate any help. Have spent hours on this issue

:)

Surfnot, Aug 13, 2015

2. How to install the Norton Vault App from the Windows App store?

When I try to install the Norton Vault App from the Windows Edge App store the "Get" button is grayed out and it advises me to join the the Windows Insider Team. I joined then went back to the App Store to install Norton Vault and still the "GET" button
    is grayed out. Then under requirements it says I have to have OS Build 15025.0 or higher. So, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and still my build is only 14393.1066. How to I update to the higher build? I see that a higher build is available but where do I get
    it? HELP !!

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge / PC

RABELL0811, Aug 13, 2015
  3. oroz61 Win User
    How do I fix my store app. It's grayed out and I can't open It. I tried the appf fix and it didn't work. I also tried clearing the Cache and still didn't work. Please help.

I need help please. My app store is not working. I noticed a few days ago that some of my app are grayed out. My store app is all grayed out and I can't open it. I already tried clearing the cache and use the fix my app from the windows website and still
    didn't work.

There are a few of my apps that are all grayed out as well and it needed repair or reinstall the app. How did this happen? All of those app icons were all there when my computer automatically update my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. PLEASE HELP... :-(

Thank you,

oroz61, Aug 13, 2015
  4. stocktiki Win User

Same problem here. Windows Store opens splash screen then closes. Would love to fix this without resetting.

stocktiki, Aug 21, 2015
  5. nkomp18 Win User
    Exactly same problem here.

The error in the log is:
    Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Protocol contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: 64.

nkomp18, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Hi guys,

I have the same problem as you.
    I have tried all the suggestions I have found at different Win 10 forums.

Tommy

Morfar Jinko, Sep 30, 2015
  7. Holydoc Win User
    New windows update that was pushed, KB3093266, fixed my Windows Store problem. Though I probably will not use the Store, I still feel better that all Apps in Windows 10 are at least working now.

Holydoc, Oct 1, 2015
  8. Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1

Well, I got the KB3093266 as well yesterday. It did not fix the Store and Apps problem but fixed another problem I had with Start Menu.

Morfar Jinko, Oct 1, 2015
  9. nkomp18 Win User
    It magically started working last night, after nearly 3 weeks of crashing. It might have been the automatic update, not sure because I didn't actively choose to install an update.

nkomp18, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store App grayed out in Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 - Similar Threads - Store App grayed

2. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  3. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  4. App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store: The button is not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-updates-is-grayed-out-in-microsoft-store/e319ab9e-245c-44f8-a34d-5da63c2288fa
  5. App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store

App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store: The button is not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-updates-is-grayed-out-in-microsoft-store/e319ab9e-245c-44f8-a34d-5da63c2288fa
  6. microsoft store is grayed out.

microsoft store is grayed out.: The microsoft store is gone. I ran the troubleshooter for windows store and it had an undefined error. I hit send feedback and it gave me this error code 0x80070483Help! I need my store back. I have windows 10 64 on a desktop hp computer...
  7. Windows Store Grayed out.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Grayed out.: Hello, I've been searching Microsoft support pages for 4 days with no answer in sight so I've come to make my own page. When I try to access the Microsoft store to install a game on my Game pass ultimate subscription the store does not open. I've tried using the Xbox app but...
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced

Metro apps and store not working and grayed out - advanced: A bit of background info: I have installed Windows 10 about 5 times. The first 4 it would only work until the first reboot because during the setup phase it would automatically install a faulty driver and on the first available restart my Windows would break and I would have...