Windows 10: Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Discus and support Store app greyed out, doesn't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AbdoZaghloul, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help .
    Store app greyed out, doesn't start [​IMG]

I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps,
    the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual.

Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !!

(in the same time used a tool (Win 10 Toggle Tweaker) to uninstall some apps:
    Get Office, Skype Preview, Money, News and Office Sway.)

I checked and both of them were greyed.

If I try to open Share.it, I got this error,

Store doesn't open or give any errors, I tried "wsreset.exe"
    and it ended with an error,

I tried to remove store then reinstall but nothing fixed, using codes:
    Code: PowerShell Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore_11606.1001.39.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}" Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11606.1001.39.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]
    Also, I tried these codes as well but nothing changed,
    Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}" PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote]
    and
    Code: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]
    The only change is all Apps removed using the tool are back, but store doesn't work.

I'm using Win 10 pro 64x 1607.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

:)

AbdoZaghloul, Aug 29, 2016

2. Killer Instinct "This app will not work on your device"

Hi.

So for starters, the game doesn't even show in my Windows Store, I have to open an external link that opens the Store. Then the download button is greyed out with a message "This app will not work on your device". The same applies to Tomb Raider and Gears of
    War.

My specs are fine, my Windows is up to date and is 64bit. It's starting to annoy me how much of a POS the Windows Store really is.

Any help is appreciated!

jakebannister, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Apps and Store greyed out after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1

Hi I upgraded from windows 8,1 to Windows 10 and now my apps are greyed out, Sad thing even app store is greyed out. When I am trying to open the apps they don't respond.

Please help

ManishKarki, Aug 29, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Open your Command prompt admin and paste this in, and let it run, then reboot. See if it helps.
    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

This might take a long time to run...

OldMike65, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Will that reset any changes to the registry and services to default ??

If yes, is there any other method, I want registry and services to be as it's.

AbdoZaghloul, Aug 30, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Those commands only affect MS Windows default programs. Trys to repair, if it finds corrupt Windows programs. Does nothing to your registry at all.

OldMike65, Aug 30, 2016
  7. I have done some changes to registry and disabled some services, and don't want these changes to be reset, that's why I asked.

I have started the commands, now about 30% in verification phase.

I'll report back when finished.

Thanks for your quick reply.

8. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Commands run and finished

But nothing changed *Sad

9. I've had store and other native apps foul up a long time ago. It was always when these apps were updating and things got stuck it has the potential to mess things up. I don't know if this will work for you but my fix was pretty simple. I used system restore to go back to a point where I knew things worked (assuming you have it enabled) and that sorted it all out.

Scottyboy99, Aug 30, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Scottyboy99 also has a good idea IF you have a good restore point to use BEFORE your Store got messed up. You can try that also.
    This is another good reason why people SHOULD MAKE Complete Image Backups Regularly !!!! It would solve so many problems, that can happen to your OS. Why so many people don't, I just can never understand. *Confused Programs like Macrium Reflect Free is an excellent backup program to always have on your Windows OS, and USE.

If you don't have any good restore points that can fix your Store, than you might have to do a Repair Install to fix your Store. This will not affect any of your installed programs at all. It will repair ALL your Windows files and will fix your Store app too.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    I always prefer using Option 1 in this tutorial.

OldMike65, Aug 30, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Here is a link for Macrium Reflect Free just incase you might want to backup your Windows 10 when you get it working 100% *Smile
    Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Aug 30, 2016
  12. Have you disabled any of those 2 services? Disabling 1 usually causes that error and 2 is required by store.

1. Distributed Link Tracking Client (TrkWks)
    2. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry (DiagTrack)

Not to mention other reg settings, you might have used, especially privacy related.

TairikuOkami, Aug 30, 2016
  13. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

I've all Telemetry related services disabled and store and other apps were working fine,
    may be updates get stuck because of that ?? idk !

While searching for another fixes for my problem, I found this topic,
    where one reply has nearly the same commands suggested by OldMike65.

Although I've used this code multiple times with no luck, I carried on and tried the rest of solution and used this code:
    Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] and voil !!!! this time to my surprise Store is WORKING !!!! *Eek

Thank you guys very much for your help. *Party

14. I'm curious to know how much space does an image take ??

And what exactly is included in it ? apps only or apps + data ? will my installed prog be there or I'll have to install all of them again if used this image ?

15. OldMike65 Win User
    Thats depends on how much space your Windows 10 is taking on your C: Drive. Macrium does compress its backup image some. You also need to keep any backup image on a 2nd hard drive. Best to use a external drive for your image backups, and also make a bootable USB stick using Macrium's rescue media option. If your computer will boot from a usb stick, if not, then you would use a DVD disk.

You would make a COMPLETE IMAGE of your C: Drive ...thats Everything on it. This is the BEST insurance for anyone incase you loose access to your Windows 10, or it becomes un-bootable, or messed up beyond repair.

OldMike65, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Store app greyed out, doesn't start

1. Store app greyed out, doesn't start - Similar Threads - Store app greyed

2. Windows store greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store greyed out: My windows store has been greyed out for about 2 weeks, and I don't know whats causing it. It is greyed out on all accounts on my pc. I have tried the following:1.Win + RTyping :wsreset.exeRunning as administrator.I get the error:2.Win + XWindows Powershell...
  3. Windows store greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store greyed out: My windows store has been greyed out for about 2 weeks, and I don't know whats causing it. It is greyed out on all accounts on my pc. I have tried the following:1.Win + RTyping :wsreset.exeRunning as administrator.I get the error:2.Win + XWindows Powershell...
  4. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  5. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  6. Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out

Microsoft Store apps delete option grey out: I have been trying to delete this app from Microsoft store. The app and feature wouldn't allow me to delete it. I tried deleting it in powershell, but I couldn't find it with this command Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName. The app isn't display there....
  7. Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark

Microsoft Store app is Greyed out with exclamation Mark: I tried so many diffrent troubleshooting methods, yet none worked, there was this other post over here in this community, where someone had the same problem, thier thread is now locked, So first of all, resetting the app does nothing, Trouble shooter says i need to login with...
  8. Microsoft Store Greyed out

Microsoft Store Greyed out: [ATTACH] Windows version: [ATTACH] Yes. I have looked at every way to 'fix' this issue. The discussion is either 4-5 years old, or all of the solutions aren't working. Run CMD, fix the registry; restart the computer; add another user which is just the dumbest thing I've...
  9. Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates: [ATTACH] Pretty much as title says, whenever an app from the Microsoft store updates and is pinned to start, it will grey out until you reboot your PC, or re-create the shortcut. Any chance we can get this fixed? Here's a screenshot. Latest official version of windows 10....
  10. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...