Windows 10: Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.

Discus and support Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It's been working in the past but recently but it has completely given up on Gmail. It hangs up in various (multiple) ways. I tried to manually... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerriy, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jerriy Win User

Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.

It's been working in the past but recently but it has completely given up on Gmail. It hangs up in various (multiple) ways.

I tried to manually install Gmail (via "advanced" method in settings >> Manage accounts >> add account) then it works only in "Mail" side of the app (it doesn't automatically show up in the "calendar" side. And in "Calendar" you can't separately manually install the same account. If you instally the normal (non "advanced") way via Calendar then it does transfer into the email part of the app but it hangs. And when that happens everything stops or alternatively part of the app becomes inaccessable. Depends when it starts to hang I dunno.

Anyways in my case it happened when I intalled one gmail account and then another one. Not sure where the problem is related to just any Gmail account, my Gmail account, or the fact that I tried to add more than one gmail accounts (total 3). I can't even begin to know where the problem lies. And it's useless to use the app by manually installing it on the "mail" side of the app if the same account isn't connected to the calendar. I want all my emails connected to the calendar. That's one of the main reasons why one wants to use a desktop mail app in the first place.

:)

jerriy, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Is Gmail already setup with the linked Mail App ?

If so you are on the wrong dialog box.

In which case you go to in Calendar or Mail Apps.
    Cog > Manage Accounts > Select an Account to edit settings.
    Then click on your Gmail Account.
    Then a dialog box pops up >
    Change mailbox sync settings
    Options for syncing your content >
    Scroll down that box to Sync options > Calendar > On.

You can get there via the Mail App as well.

In the left column of Calendar tick the Calendar box under Gmail.

I would remove your Email Account from Mail/Calendar and set it up again.
    Also update your Mail/Calendar App.

Other options are:
    Settings > Apps > Mail and Calendar > click on that uninstall, or Advanced options > check your App permissions and scroll down for Reset and another uninstall.

The Mail and Calendar App is in MS Store so easy enough to get it back.
    I have 5 Accounts setup with Mail App/Calendar one of which is Gmail.

Helmut, Jan 20, 2021
  3. chok Win User
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

In brief: it doesn't work, and it (most probably) has nothing to do with gmail authentification since you first need to successfully login to your gmail account to get to the "creating account" final step.

In detail:
    I tried allowing less secure apps, It did not work.

Then I tried to login an app password, it did not work, but for another reason:

For that I did:
    - activate on mail the 2 step verification sign in.
    - I created an app psw to provide access for calendar on my computer windows 10
    - I tried again to connect using my gmail email, and the password provided for the "app password", but gmail did not recognized password. But that seems to be another problem not related since when I tried again with my (normal) gmail password, it send me a verification sms, and when it was validated, it went to the "creating account".

4. Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.

Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

All,
    My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning.
    It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless.

Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts. [​IMG]

I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a FULL reset of the computer.
    Is there any problems with the way Gmail has been set up today?
    I am running Windows 10 1903 x64 on a Lenovo 330-15ikb.
    Thanks

tornadosurvivor, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts.

1. Store app "Mail and Calendar" totally not working with Gmail accounts. - Similar Threads - Store app Mail

2. Mail calendar app not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mail calendar app not working: I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1 OS build 19043.1055 on a HP laptop. let me apologize up front this is going to be a long post. Please read to the end so you know what I have done before you ask me to do something I have not already tried. This all started sometime...
  3. Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.: I have three email accounts I use. A Yahoo account, a Comcast Xfinity account and a Gmail account. The first two work fine but when the Gmail account is added it initially comes up and populates the messages. If I go to either of the other accounts it stops working and the...
  4. Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail won't sync with "Mail and Calendar" App: Hi, My mail and calender suddenly stop syncing few days ago and i already enable scvhost.exe and let the outbound port through firewall. I also deleted, reset and re-register my account into the mail app and still is not working. Can anyone help with this issue? And I...
  5. No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app

No option to sync Gmail Calendar with Mail and Calendar app: I have follow a million different threads with no resolution. I have a gmail account that stopped syncing a couple of days ago. I deleted the account and when I tried to add it back I entered Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> Google and received the following error. [ATTACH]...
  6. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  7. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  8. Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app

Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app: I am able to add and sync my gmail account in the Windows 10 mail app just fine, but, for some reason, it doesn't work on the Calendar app. I've tried adding my account to Calendar using advanced setup and manually inputted the IMAP fields, but it still doesn't work. I've...
  9. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  10. New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps

in Windows 10 News
    New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps: Announcing new features for Windows Insiders with Gmail accounts in the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps. Over the past year we’ve introduced many new features in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps for users with Outlook.com accounts—such as easily tracking travel and shipping...