Windows 10: Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

Discus and support Store App opens loads for about a second then closes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the free upgrade, build 10240, the Windows 10 Store App opens for about a second with the loading graphic, but then closes immediately. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dblanksma, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dblanksma Win User

Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

On the free upgrade, build 10240, the Windows 10 Store App opens for about a second with the loading graphic, but then closes immediately. I tried multiple ways to open it - taskbar icon, start menu tile, searching for it, heck I even asked Cortana to start it. All to no avail.

Is there a way to uninstall/reinstall it?

:)

dblanksma, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

App opens for split second then closes

Hi Peter,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please provide the following information:

• When had you first encountered this concern?
    • Does your computer recently did a Windows update?
    • Since you are being prompted about System Restore did not complete successfully, have you tried to perform this action again?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried aside from the actions you provided?

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    App opens for split second then closes

Regarding on your second concern in your computer, we recommend that you separate this from your original post and create a new post for it so that we could assist you further, and get help from our community members who got the same concern as well.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

command with run as administrator SFC /SCANNOW

remostalin, Aug 1, 2015
  5. dblanksma Win User
    dblanksma, Aug 1, 2015
  6. BTiger Win User
    1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (C*Smile"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Aug 2, 2015
  7. ChaosFreak, Jul 7, 2016
  8. ScottB Win User

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home 64-bit to Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit on a 6 year old Dell Inspiron 620. The Windows Store was partially downloading, then it would stop and give error message. ...05. I tried to download new apps for 3 days and nothing worked (new user account, changing softwaredistribution to softwaredistribution.old, a slew of recommend powershell commands such as Get-AppX, changing permissions on WindowsApps folder, etc, etc.

My other problem was that when I went to Settings, Update and Security, and clicked on Windows Update, the screen was blank, flashes, then the window immediately closed
    I finally found a solution that fixed BOTH problems... the repair tool at http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups..._aio_setup.exe Download that file and install it, then reboot to Safe Mode and run it.

I used this free repair tool above and did not run any of the Pre-Repair Steps. I clicked on Repairs-Main and ran everything except #6, #7, #12, #17, #19, #24, #31, #32, #33 because I had no problems with those items.

Now, my Windows Store works fine and so does the Windows Update settings in Settings, Update and Security. I hope this helps someone.

Please people when you finally find a working solution and post it. So many do not.

ScottB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store App opens loads for about a second then closes - Similar Threads - Store App opens

2. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  3. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.: Hello, I am having trouble with opening my Microsoft Store app. I have looked up a fix, and it says navigate to "Update & Security" in settings. However, when I choose this option it says "Something went wrong. Try to re-open settings later." I have been trying to find other...
  4. Microsoft Store opens and closes after about 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store opening, loading, closes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store opening, loading, closes.: When I try to open the Microsoft Store app it will open and load for a few seconds then close right after,I've been tackling at this problem for several months to no success, i've tried to do the steps said in many other articles like reinstalling the microsoft store with...
  6. Microsoft store opening, loading, closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store opening, loading, closes.: When I try to open the Microsoft Store app it will open and load for a few seconds then close right after,I've been tackling at this problem for several months to no success, i've tried to do the steps said in many other articles like reinstalling the microsoft store with...
  7. Microsoft store opening, loading, closes.

8. Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes

Xbox app opens for 2 seconds and closes: My xbox app stopped working after the last update. I have tried everything i have found online except reinstalling windows. The app size only shows a whole 35-40kb depending on when i have uninstalled and reinstalled. I know it should be bigger than that. I have deleted the...
  9. Microsoft Store opens for a second, then closes immediately

Microsoft Store opens for a second, then closes immediately: When I opened Microsoft Store, it closed immediately after a second and I tried everything to try to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-opens-for-a-second-then-closes/67f9551d-7cfd-46ef-a300-94d9b83a4c43
  10. Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.

Windows Store opens for a couple second and then closes.: I have tried many things I have read in other threads discussing the same problem. Very frustrated, please help. thanks, Chris...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshooting hp computer for window store opens for a second and then in the same second closes

2. windowsphone app loads and stopps immediately