Windows 10: Store app updates over and over

Discus and support Store app updates over and over in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since April’s feature update I notice some apps constantly offer a update despite obediently updating them. Phone, alarms and a few other useless ones.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Store app updates over and over

Since April’s feature update I notice some apps constantly offer a update despite obediently updating them. Phone, alarms and a few other useless ones. I never allow auto updating of apps preferring to manually check and update. Despite having this turned off I believe store still checks for updates without installing them as I go in and already see app updates offered. These apps seem to appear daily, I’ll update them and do a check and it says everything up to date but then a day or so later they are back. Bit annoying and wonder if others fight the same battle. Prob not noticed by many as I’d imagine auto update is left on by the majority. This happens for exact same apps for every single one of our PCs. Seems to be a nice intro by the April feature update! Launching the apps is no problem , they all work fine but just seem to constantly offer updates and their version number never changes (unless it’s a proper update)

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

Store app updates over and over

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Store app updates over and over

1. Store app updates over and over - Similar Threads - Store app updates

2. Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over: Hello! As the title say Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over without an end. This is the error 0x80D02017.I've tried everything but nothing work and my Store even now is trying to download and install some apps....
  3. Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over: Hello! As the title say Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over without an end. This is the error 0x80D02017.I've tried everything but nothing work and my Store even now is trying to download and install some apps....
  4. Microsoft Store is trying to install apps over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  6. Mail App crashing over and over.

Mail App crashing over and over.: In this month after the latest update, my mail app keeps crashing over and over. I can only check my mail for literally 3s before the app freezes and I have to close and open it again. So if I scroll slow I cant read any mail.I have try everything from the websites: the cmd...
  7. Microsoft Store Not Downloading App Instead Asking For Me To Sign In Over and Over

Microsoft Store Not Downloading App Instead Asking For Me To Sign In Over and Over: I'm trying to install the Xbox accessories app. But it keeps prompting for me to log in. The new tab opens, I dial my password then the tab disappears. I'm on a windows 10 computer, but it's from 2015. How do I get around this dilemma....
  8. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  9. Microsoft Store keeps "updating" every singe built-in app over and over.

Microsoft Store keeps "updating" every singe built-in app over and over.: Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10's Store, After every few hours, the Microsoft/Windows Store thinks that it needs to update all the built-in apps. When I try to update them, it successfully "updates" the apps but there's no change, the app version stays the same, and...
  10. People app have the same update over and over

People app have the same update over and over: I keep having the People app have the same update over and over. I open the Store, go to Downloads, Check for Updates, and it says the People app has an update. It downloads, installs, and says Completed. If I check again, or close the Store, reboot, or anything, and check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PHONE SOFTWAREE UPDATE OVER AND OVER