Windows 10: Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in

Discus and support Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We are using Office 365 and some Store apps in which our user login with there Office365/Azure credentials. For about a month some user cannot login... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Philipp Heindl, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in

We are using Office 365 and some Store apps in which our user login with there Office365/Azure credentials.

For about a month some user cannot login into their Office365 or Store apps.

They are able to type in their mail address, but upon confirmation of that the login dialog closes without prompting

for a password and the user is simply not logged in.

There are no connected Microsoft or Office 365 accounts connected to the device, at least the Settings/Accounts app

is not showing them. We also cannot add accounts, the dialog briefly shows a white window and then closes.

We removed all cached accounts from Control Panel / Credential Manager, rebooted the device and tried login into

Office365 Apps, no chance. Strangly, the only app working without account problems is Outlook, all others state that

the Account needs to be fixed and the user needs to login again.

This behaviour is not limited to one user in the device, it seems to be a device-wide problem which showed up after

a certain update in the last month. Specifically this happened after the installation of KB4512508 and /or KB4515384.

We resetted one of the affected devices to factory defaults (Surface Laptop 2) and after 2 weeks the behaviour returned,

after the two aforementioned updates where installed and the device rebooted.

:)

Philipp Heindl, Sep 16, 2019

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 16, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in

1. Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in - Similar Threads - Store Apps Office

2. Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App: Whenever I try to sign into these apps it will produce a login window to enter my password. Entering the password will just reset the page and emailing a code to my email does the same thing. The password is correct and the window will not say it is incorrect as it does with...
  3. Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App: Whenever I try to sign into these apps it will produce a login window to enter my password. Entering the password will just reset the page and emailing a code to my email does the same thing. The password is correct and the window will not say it is incorrect as it does with...
  4. Cannot sign into Windows Store or Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Sign in on Apps -> Apps & features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Sign in on Apps -> Apps & features: Hi,I'm signed in Windows 11 with my Microsoft AccountWindows is updatedApps -> Apps & features I see the message: "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experience across your devices"I click the button "Sign in"The login box shows up several times with the...
  6. Cannot Sign in on Apps -> Apps & features

Cannot Sign in on Apps -> Apps & features: Hi,I'm signed in Windows 11 with my Microsoft AccountWindows is updatedApps -> Apps & features I see the message: "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experience across your devices"I click the button "Sign in"The login box shows up several times with the...
  7. "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in: Help! I logged in a microsoft account from another device to this one and it says I need to install an app for this task whenever I click Sign In. I also can't reformat using the reset + shift, when I go to the troubleshoot settings there's no reset option, only start up...
  8. Built-in apps, like Microsoft Store, and Xbox app cannot sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built-in apps, like Microsoft Store, and Xbox app cannot sign in: Hey, so I got the Game Pass for PC yesterday. I went to go install the Xbox app this morning to install the games, but Microsoft Store said I couldn't sign in, and gave me an error code, specifically 0x80070781. But I knew that I could also work around this by just getting...
  9. Can't sign in Office Apps?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't sign in Office Apps?: For some reason, my Office apps keeps showing a "Sign in" button at the top even though I have tried signing off and in again several times. At the same time, the Office Account settings already shows that I am signed in, but it's not showing my profile picture. Restarting...
  10. Windows Store Apps Sign in

Windows Store Apps Sign in: For the second time I experience the same situation. Happened before after a major Windows upgrade. Problem is after each when I sign to any store app including the Microsoft store itself I get the following error: "Something went wrong. Please try again later. 0x80070781"...