Windows 10: Store Apps crash with File System error (-2143326205) any workarounds?

Discus and support Store Apps crash with File System error (-2143326205) any workarounds? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, this is my first post on TenForums! I have been facing the File System error (-2143326205) ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ambyjkl, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Ambyjkl Win User

Store Apps crash with File System error (-2143326205) any workarounds?

Hi, this is my first post on TenForums!
    I have been facing the File System error (-2143326205) ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    Error description: All Windows Store Apps (Metro/modern/whatever they are called now) crash when I am not online. The Photos app is by far the only app that has given me an error dialog box. I can assume that all apps are crashing for the same reason because all of them start working again when I get back online.
    I am not a great fan of these modern apps and the user interface clutter caused by them and hardly use them. But there are some games like Minesweeper that I want to play when I am on the go. I dunno why Microsoft even made calc a modern app (can't even multiply big numbers when not connected).
    So far, I have not been able to find a proper solution to this problem. I guess it is a problem in Windows 10 itself and it will take a while for Microsoft to set it right. But I have an idea. Is there any software that creates a fake internet adapter that is always connected to the internet so that the apps think that I am online and don't crash? Is there an actual working solution?

:)

Ambyjkl, Oct 8, 2015

2. Reader won't open offline

I get the file system error (-2143326205)

Jose NicanorMazo, Oct 8, 2015
  3. File system error -2143326205

Hey guys. I just wanna ask how do I fix the file system error -2143326205? Every time I try to open my photos when I am not using our internet connection, a message box with 'file system error -2143326205' comes out. Well, I can only open my photos
    when the internet is on. Any comments and suggestions for this problem? Thanks.

Shann Angeli, Oct 8, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Quick response:
    Firstly, your universal apps shouldn't crash when you're not online- certainly mine don't if (and I'll be specific) when logged on, I disconnect the ethernet cable, then run an app.

Now I haven't tried various combinations of logging in as a local user, and not on line, or as a live user and not on line, for example.

Have you tried this- or anything else?
    Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Secondly, you may be happy to know Winaero has made the old familiar calculator easily available again.
    Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10

dalchina, Oct 9, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    "I am not a great fan of these modern apps" - agreed, and they are not mature.
    So you can ignore them altogether if you wish- Cortana, Photos, Edge- all optional. Although there are some interesting reference apps in the Store, for example...

Just use Win 10 as a traditional desktop PC- replace the start menu with one that works well e.g. Classic Shell. No tiles!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store Apps crash with File System error (-2143326205) any workarounds? - Similar Threads - Store Apps crash

2. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  3. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  4. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store, WSRESET.exe crashes - file system error -2147219196

Microsoft Store, WSRESET.exe crashes - file system error -2147219196: So following one of Microsoft's amazing updates, my windows 10 laptop went haywire. Wouldn't start, had to do a system restore. Didn't realize at the time that Microsoft Store was also affected. Microsoft store crashes; logo comes up for a second and disappears. WSRESET.exe....
  6. Microsoft Store, WSRESET.exe crashes - file system error -2147219196

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, WSRESET.exe crashes - file system error -2147219196: So following one of Microsoft's amazing updates, my windows 10 laptop went haywire. Wouldn't start, had to do a system restore. Didn't realize at the time that Microsoft Store was also affected. Microsoft store crashes; logo comes up for a second and disappears. WSRESET.exe....
  7. Microsoft Store, WSRESET.exe crashes - file system error -2147219196

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?": I'm booting off of a USB key that I know works since I installed Windows 10 on a new computer this morning with it. I have five users that had Windows quit booting the past week that I get that error when I try to do a repair install from the USB key. All are running Windows...
  9. File system error -214721995: cannot open any Microsoft apps store, photos

File system error -214721995: cannot open any Microsoft apps store, photos: Hello all,I have run into a problem when trying to open any Microsoft applications including Photos, Store, and Feedback Hub. I have tried the wsreset.exe command in the "Run" prompt, but this does not work. After the 10 seconds or so, a popup saying...
  10. The Microsoft Store is not working, I think it is a bug. Any workarounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Microsoft Store is not working, I think it is a bug. Any workarounds?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mastermind497 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqtc5o/the_microsoft_store_is_not_working_i_think_it_is/