Windows 10: Store apps not updating automatically

Discus and support Store apps not updating automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I know there are a few threads on this forum on this very subject. However, my case seems to be different. In my case, I do not see errors,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tony359, Dec 26, 2020.

1. tony359 Win User

Store apps not updating automatically

Hello all,

I know there are a few threads on this forum on this very subject. However, my case seems to be different. In my case, I do not see errors, just that updates are available but they do not start automatically. If I hit "update all", everything works as it should. But if I don't do that, those apps will never update automatically.

I have tried what is recommended on this and other forums: I reset the Store, reinstalled it. Nothing worked. This is Windows 10 20H2. It's an installation I use for my HTPC so I really haven't got much installed besides those 2-3 things I use for my media.

Any ideas? I manually updated everything yesterday, as soon as I see more apps showing on the update list, I'll take a screenshot and publish it here.

Thank you!

:)

tony359, Dec 26, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 26, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Store apps not updating automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Store apps not updating automatically

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Store apps not updating automatically

1. Store apps not updating automatically - Similar Threads - Store apps updating

2. How to disable automatic update of store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable automatic update of store apps?: I have very limited internet connection bandwidth that cannot afford automatic update of store apps in the background in the place I am now but I have a better connection regularly in a different place where I can update them.How to disable automatic update of store apps...
  3. How to disable automatic update of store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable automatic update of store apps?: I have very limited internet connection bandwidth that cannot afford automatic update of store apps in the background in the place I am now but I have a better connection regularly in a different place where I can update them.How to disable automatic update of store apps...
  4. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  5. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  6. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

7. Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft offers settings that can automatically update apps. It makes sure you are always on the latest version with fewer bugs. However, at times you […] This article Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.: As soon as I connected to Wi-Fi, wsappx started using a bunch of CPU and network bandwidth. I opened the Microsoft Store, and went to the Downloads and Updates. It was updating some of my apps, even though I disabled Update Apps Automatically under the settings. I even...
  9. Apps not updating automatically

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps not updating automatically: Why is the store not updating apps automatically. The update apps automatically button is turned on in settings. When I open the store it shows the number of app downloads available & have to update them manually. Vijay....
  10. Store Apps do not update automatically

Store Apps do not update automatically: I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has...