Windows 10: Store apps not updating

Discus and support Store apps not updating in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Aug 22, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Store apps not updating

I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update automatically at some point, however long the wait? There are a few, such as Mail, which are not performing correctly so the possible benefits of an update might be welcome.

:)

clayto, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Store apps not updating :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Store apps not updating

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Store apps not updating

1. Store apps not updating - Similar Threads - Store apps updating

2. updating apps from store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating apps from store: I have multiple apps problem in my Store. Apps are not updating it stuck and when its update came it will says updated and successful but you will not be able to open the app saying its needs an update so you need to open store again and you will see that there is an update...
  3. updating apps from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating apps from store: I have multiple apps problem in my Store. Apps are not updating it stuck and when its update came it will says updated and successful but you will not be able to open the app saying its needs an update so you need to open store again and you will see that there is an update...
  4. Store updating apps is a disaster

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store updating apps is a disaster: As for the title says my Store is not updating apps at all. Remove my anti virus for this update and still not working. All I can see is something went wrong with no resolution. I tried the troubleshooter but nothing....
  5. Store updating apps is a disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store updating apps is a disaster: As for the title says my Store is not updating apps at all. Remove my anti virus for this update and still not working. All I can see is something went wrong with no resolution. I tried the troubleshooter but nothing....
  6. MS Store App Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store App Updates: Hi,We have a slight issue and i'm a bit stuck.We have a GPO that auto updates the MS Store apps.This is fine.However, if we have users that have previously logged onto a machine, it wont update the apps for those users seemingly.This means we have machines with out of date MS...
  7. Microsoft Store app not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store app not updating: When I enter the Microsoft Store app Windows 10, and I go to the 'Downloads and updates' tab, it says that there is an update available for the Microsoft Store app. So I click Update, it tries to install it then the Microsoft Store app crashes and reopens. When it reopens, it...
  8. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613
  9. Store apps will not download or update

Store apps will not download or update: Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the...
  10. Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?

Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?: My store is not updating apps and fails every time with the same unhelpful error message: [img] I have tried everything I can think of. I thought it might be being blocked by Norton Internet Security but could not confirm that. Has anyone encountered this problem and...