Windows 10: store beta

Discus and support store beta in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some downloads and updates will show pending and those that are trying to download and install will just sit there for ever and ever and when i try and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 18, 2015.

1. store beta

Some downloads and updates will show pending and those that are trying to download and install will just sit there for ever and ever and when i try and pause them and then restart them; the page in the store with the updates freezes. Whats up?

EDIT: now the beta store wont open at all(again). This seems to be a recurring bug from what i see

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 18, 2015

2. error code 805a01f4

I face this error when I am initiating purchase from beta in-app purchase.

Solution: first install beta app from store, then in debugging my error was resolved.

to install beta app from store, open the link of beta app in phone browser, you will be redirected to the beta apps page in store, thereafter you can dowload beta app.

dev bhardwaj, Jun 18, 2015
  3. RTBRAVO 22, Jun 18, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

store beta

I noticed that in build 10145 the Store worked just fine.. in fact it's fast from what I can tell so far.

BunnyJ, Jun 18, 2015
  5. Try this:
    Launch a run box (WinKey+R) and type the following in the text field

WSReset

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2015
  6. I didnt know there was a build 10145 out. I will have to download that if its available for me and see if that resolves a lot of these issues. Well now windows update wont work for me either. It just keeps giving me those dots and wont display whether or not there are any updates. I am starting to dislike these beta builds lol. *Start*Start

Matt Siegel, Jun 19, 2015
  7. rvbfan Win User
    You'll have to find an ISO. Its not an official release.

rvbfan, Jun 19, 2015
  8. store beta

See if these steps help. Many of these steps might require a good amount of time to complete - consider it maintenance downtime.

I wrote this for another user / issue, but the steps might help you as well.

• Reset Windows Components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

• Run Windows Troubleshooter: Fix Microsoft Windows Update Issues

• Run the System File checker, See OPTION TWO To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 8 in:
      SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

• Run Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) to check and repair the Windows Component Store.
      See OPTION ONE To Run "DISM /Cleanup-Image" tool in an Elevated Command Prompt in:
      DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

• Manually run Windows Update and look in the Optional offers - install any hardware updates (Silverlight and Bing updates are ok to skip or hide).

• Disable hibernation: Hibernate - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

• Prepare for a Clean Startup:
      See PART ONE How to Perform a Clean Boot in: Troubleshoot Problem with Clean Boot in Windows 8

To save time and restarts, wait until after you schedule a boot time Check Disk in the next step to restart the machine

• Right click Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator... (run with elevated privileges)
      The examples below use C: as the drive letter that will be used to install Widows.
      If you are installing to a different volume, change the letter accordingly.
      *** are comments, not commands

Execute the following commands:

Defrag C: /x *** defrag free space
      Defrag C: /u /v *** defrag files and folders

Chkdsk /f C:
      *** if you are prompted to run Check Disk at the next boot - answer yes and restart your machine. The disk will be checked for errors - it might take a while, let it finish and post if there were any errors.
      If you did not restart the machine for Chkdsk, restart it now.

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Slarty beat me to it *Biggrin the above steps will do it for you

10. the dsim command wont run for me. I get the dsim is not recognized as a internal or external command

Matt Siegel, Jun 19, 2015
  11. Screen shots will help a lot. I'm beginning to think you might need to start over - it sounds as though you are having some deep system issues that are most easily cured with a fresh install.

but post the shot showing the dism error and if members cannot help, then think about a fresh install - perhaps waiting until the next drop.

See: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Spacing and letter case is everything. Copy and paste in Admin Command prompt...

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

store beta

OOPS! After it's done REBOOT. I almost forgot to mention that*Redface

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2015
  14. thanks cliff! so far that whole string of commands you just posted above seems to be working and i think its because i had the dsim backwards. Instead of putting dism i put dsim instead and i think thats why it didnt recognize it.

Matt Siegel, Jun 20, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome Matt. What usually get's me is the spacing... because of how some characters look when next to one another, it can look like a space is in between.

I have made all my commands into batch files and created icons for them, with the correct permissions, then I just have to double click. Or if I want to post, open using Edit>select all>copy> then paste in browser*Smile

Here is an example, just unzip and read the instructions. SFCdism.zip

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

store beta

1. store beta - Similar Threads - store beta

2. What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ?: What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-new-in-microsofts-phone-link-beta/0a8270d0-a52d-4200-abc8-f90e1469131f
  3. What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ?: What's new in Microsoft's phone link beta application in play store ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-new-in-microsofts-phone-link-beta/0a8270d0-a52d-4200-abc8-f90e1469131f
  4. My pc is not unenrolling from Windows 11 Beta and Windows store/services are broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is not unenrolling from Windows 11 Beta and Windows store/services are broke: I've unenrolled from Windows 11 beta and enabled unenrolled when the next version of Windows release because some of my apps don't work with preview builds and want to be put on a normal Windows 11 build. I was told 3 months ago that in 2-3 weeks I would get it but it's been...
  5. My pc is not unenrolling from Windows 11 Beta and Windows store/services are broke

My pc is not unenrolling from Windows 11 Beta and Windows store/services are broke: I've unenrolled from Windows 11 beta and enabled unenrolled when the next version of Windows release because some of my apps don't work with preview builds and want to be put on a normal Windows 11 build. I was told 3 months ago that in 2-3 weeks I would get it but it's been...
  6. Unable to Install Amazon App Store in Windows 11 Beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Amazon App Store in Windows 11 Beta: Hi,I have installed Windows 11 Beta build 22000.527 co_release in order to get the Windows Subsystem for Android on my Surface Pro 6.I have followed all the steps to get the store updated but when I try to install the Amazon App Store, I get an error saying that "Your storage...
  7. Unable to Install Amazon App Store in Windows 11 Beta

Unable to Install Amazon App Store in Windows 11 Beta: Hi,I have installed Windows 11 Beta build 22000.527 co_release in order to get the Windows Subsystem for Android on my Surface Pro 6.I have followed all the steps to get the store updated but when I try to install the Amazon App Store, I get an error saying that "Your storage...
  8. Amazon Android App store not supported on Windows 11 Beta Channel i7 8th gen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amazon Android App store not supported on Windows 11 Beta Channel i7 8th gen: Hi,I have Microsoft surface book 2 13 inch i7 model. I upgraded it from settings to windows 11. and I am on insider program beta.this is my laptop specs:but Microsoft store says that :but I have i7-8750U!8th genwhy it doesn't work?...
  9. Amazon Android App store not supported on Windows 11 Beta Channel i7 8th gen

Amazon Android App store not supported on Windows 11 Beta Channel i7 8th gen: Hi,I have Microsoft surface book 2 13 inch i7 model. I upgraded it from settings to windows 11. and I am on insider program beta.this is my laptop specs:but Microsoft store says that :but I have i7-8750U!8th genwhy it doesn't work?...
  10. WhatsApp Beta for Windows 10 and 11 is now available on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    WhatsApp Beta for Windows 10 and 11 is now available on the Microsoft Store: WhatsApp has effectively replaced texting/SMS in many countries around the World. But when it comes to the competition, the Facebook-owned instant messaging platform's desktop experience is sub-par, when you compare it with Telegram. [ATTACH] WhatsApp Beta for Windows 10...