Windows 10: Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

Discus and support Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I factory reset my Windows 10 Laptop and when I was setting up my laptops settings, I noticed that Microsoft store, cmd and PowerShell are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LeonZieber, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

Hello, I factory reset my Windows 10 Laptop and when I was setting up my laptops settings, I noticed that Microsoft store, cmd and PowerShell are missing.I tried to find out how to bring them back after the reset but nothing helped. The laptop is also in Windows S mode So I could not use apps outside of Microsoft store. Microsoft store isn't even in the Apps and Features in settings.

:)

LeonZieber, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 3, 2022
  3. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Oct 3, 2022
  4. nk4760 Win User

Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

Microsoft Store is Missing!!

Hi,

My Laptop (HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC ) was running on Windows 10 - Version 1903. Since, it was working slow, keypad was not working properly and troubleshooter was not running, it decided to reset my laptop.

After reset, the above mentioned three problems were solved, but I found that the Microsoft Store is missing.

Now, these are the methods that I tried to get the Microsoft Store back, but didn't worked-

1. Tried Restarting laptop several times.

2. Updated my laptop to Version 1909, thinking it would restore the Microsoft Store, but this method also failed.

3. Tried Powershell method-

• Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisalbeDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Tried "wsreset.exe" in Run.

5. Tried Windows Store Troubleshooter.

6. Tried DISM commands-

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    7. Since, Microsoft Store is not listed in "Apps and features" in Settings, I couldn't try it resetting from there.

8. At the end, tried resetting my laptop again. But, again Microsoft store is missing.

After all this, Microsoft Store is still missing. Please, help me to get Microsoft Store back.

Thanks!!

nk4760, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

1. Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset - Similar Threads - Store cmd PowerShell

2. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  3. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  4. Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset: Hello, I factory reset my Windows 10 Laptop and when I was setting up my laptops settings, I noticed that Microsoft store, cmd and PowerShell are missing.I tried to find out how to bring them back after the reset but nothing helped. The laptop is also in Windows S mode So I...
  5. Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset

Store, cmd, and PowerShell are missing from Laptop after factory reset: Hello, I factory reset my Windows 10 Laptop and when I was setting up my laptops settings, I noticed that Microsoft store, cmd and PowerShell are missing.I tried to find out how to bring them back after the reset but nothing helped. The laptop is also in Windows S mode So I...
  6. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  7. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  8. Missing space after factory reset

9. Cursor missing after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor missing after Factory Reset: Recently I factory reset my PC, and now my Cursor is gone. I tried contacting Microsoft and HP, there was no solution. I came here to find an answer and put this hint to a rest. Ask me any questions, and I'll try to respond to the best of my ability!...
  10. Windows Store app missing after factory reset

Windows Store app missing after factory reset: I deleted everything from my C: folder to move it to a new drive. That messed things up so I reset my computer optioning to remove all files. After the reset, the windows store app is missing. I tried using windows powershell to fix it and found an error up to ....