Windows 10: Store crashes after switching MS account

Discus and support Store crashes after switching MS account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I switch my MS account for signing in to computer and now I want it to my MS store as well however the MS store crash when I open it.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rodolfo_bergnaum, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Store crashes after switching MS account

I switch my MS account for signing in to computer and now I want it to my MS store as well however the MS store crash when I open it.

:)

rodolfo_bergnaum, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Mr Ister Win User

Question after switching primary MS account

So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a local account, and then switched back to the email account I wished to use.

One the main account page, it correctly states my email, but when I open the App Store, it still displays my old/original email used. I can't sign out of it or anything, but curiously, when I click on my email in the top right and click 'View Account' it takes me to the Microsoft account for the correct email (new email I used/switched to). Perhaps its just slow, or will update upon a complete reboot, but has this happened to anyone else? Can I make purchases from the App Store and will they tie to my new account or my old one?

Mr Ister, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    local account unable to switch to MS account

That's ok. When you get to step 7 above, you would just leave it blank.

When you successfully switch to a Microsoft account, it will use the password of your Microsoft account.

Brink, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Store crashes after switching MS account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Store crashes after switching MS account

1. Store crashes after switching MS account - Similar Threads - Store crashes switching

2. Store crashes after switching MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store crashes after switching MS account: I switch my MS account for signing in to computer and now I want it to my MS store as well however the MS store crash when I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-crashes-after-switching-ms-account/804e64f4-67ba-4aec-a96a-87528684e94c
  3. Store crashes after switching MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store crashes after switching MS account: I switch my MS account for signing in to computer and now I want it to my MS store as well however the MS store crash when I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-crashes-after-switching-ms-account/804e64f4-67ba-4aec-a96a-87528684e94c
  4. MS Store Game Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Game Crashing: HelloOur main PC has 3 user accounts for family members and we all play the same game, although at different levels.We play a MS Store older 2d game and my game keeps crashing, closes or freezes with 2 minutes.The other 2 users have no problems.The PC is an i5 10600K with 32...
  5. switching Windows to other ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching Windows to other ms account: Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?...
  6. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  7. Switching Computer's MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Computer's MS Account: I want to switch my computer's MS account. I use my second account for billing and want to abandon the account that my computer says is the primary administrator. Funny thing is when I login to the account i don't want, it says I'm logged into the account I do want....
  8. local account unable to switch to MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  9. local account unable to switch to MS account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  10. Question after switching primary MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question after switching primary MS account: So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a...