Windows 10: Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

Discus and support Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After I updated to version 1809, the store just hasn't worked. I have tried tons of Powershell commands and command prompts, but nothing works. I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bensmalley1, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

After I updated to version 1809, the store just hasn't worked. I have tried tons of Powershell commands and command prompts, but nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows, I've cleared it, reboot it, reset it, i've done everything and still nothing works. I tried downgrading my windows features so i didn't have to deal with it anymore, but it just said it couldn't downgrade my version. I wanna use my Mixed Reality headset, darnit!

:)

bensmalley1, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

Windows Store crashes on launch

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

1. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it - Similar Threads - Store crashes launch

2. Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.: I just got PC game pass yesterday, and I wanted to use it but when I launch microsoft store, it doesn't do anything. I have tried wsreset, but it results in "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link". Reinstalling windows via packages in admin powershell...
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.: I just got PC game pass yesterday, and I wanted to use it but when I launch microsoft store, it doesn't do anything. I have tried wsreset, but it results in "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link". Reinstalling windows via packages in admin powershell...
  4. Microsoft Store and Xbox App can't launch. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nothing is working, is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing is working, is there a fix?: I cannot start a single thing aside from google, games, edge and a few other things. If I try to run anything as administrator, I can't. I don't know how to fix it....
  6. Nothing is working, is there a fix?

Nothing is working, is there a fix?: I cannot start a single thing aside from google, games, edge and a few other things. If I try to run anything as administrator, I can't. I don't know how to fix it....
  7. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!: I pay for Game Pass and I can download games on xBox without problems, I could still argue that it is slow but it is manageable. However, downloading Minecraft of All Things from the Windows Store took over 20 HOURS, even though the download is a small 300mb file! I'm trying...
  8. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!: I pay for Game Pass and I can download games on xBox without problems, I could still argue that it is slow but it is manageable. However, downloading Minecraft of All Things from the Windows Store took over 20 HOURS, even though the download is a small 300mb file! I'm trying...
  9. The Microsoft Store is not working and Microsoft is doing nothing to fix it!

10. Windows Store Crash On Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Store Crash On Launch: Hi Windows,My Microsoft Store continues to crash on Launch. I have tried everything "reseting" and run: wsreset but it has not worked. In addition, my search function also continues to crash. This started as a problem with Microsoft Whiteboard when I tried to reinstall and...