Windows 10: Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

Discus and support Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After I updated to version 1809, the store just hasn't worked. I have tried tons of Powershell commands and command prompts, but nothing works. I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bensmalley1, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

After I updated to version 1809, the store just hasn't worked. I have tried tons of Powershell commands and command prompts, but nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows, I've cleared it, reboot it, reset it, i've done everything and still nothing works. I tried downgrading my windows features so i didn't have to deal with it anymore, but it just said it couldn't downgrade my version. I wanna use my Mixed Reality headset, darnit!

:)

bensmalley1, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

Windows Store crashes on launch

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it

1. Store crashes on launch and nothing works to fix it - Similar Threads - Store crashes launch

2. windows 10 store games are crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 store games are crashing on launch: Every time I try and play a game that I downloaded from the windows store it opens the image of the game surrounded by a black border and then it just goes black and then closes in like the span of 3 seconds please help! Specs: -Ryzen 5 2400g stock clocks -8gb(2x4) 2667...
  3. Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.: Hi. I've read just about every discussion and suggestion how to fix this, but none of them help. I had no problems until 2 days ago when I attempted to install an add-on for MS Edge. Install was unsuccessful, it downloaded several times but gave an error that couldn't...
  4. Stuck in automatic repair at startup and nothing's working...how to fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in automatic repair at startup and nothing's working...how to fix this?: Hello all, I have a big problem right now. I have an Acer A315 Laptop that has 1 TB storage and 6 GB RAM, and it runs Windows 10. I've had this laptop for 4 months and hardly had any trouble with it. I've only used less than a 100 GB of storage but things could be a little...
  5. Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.: Hi there. My PC crashed yesterday afternoon. When it restarted, this message popped up; Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000014c You'll need to use...
  6. Microsoft store games crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games crashing on launch: Every time I launch games from the Microsoft store such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Forza and Sea of Thieves (The only Microsoft store games I have downloaded on my pc) the games show me this: [IMG]Then they immediately close out as if they never launched. I've updated...
  7. Windows Update Error on HP Laptop - Nothing Working or launching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error on HP Laptop - Nothing Working or launching: I have Windows 10 1803 installed on a HP Laptop. This morning the laptop went to update and failed with error 0x8000fff. The updates installing are : kb4338819 & a Adobe Acrobat update Both updates to Fail. I cannot launch a VPNConnection, My Network Connection exit with...
  8. Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - Opens with black page. Nothing working? Crashed?: Started my pc, opened Chrome. Got message saying ''VideoStream for Chromecast has crashed". Also had same message for another programme we can't mention here. Now Chrome is showing black screen on all tabs? Can't open settings, Apps, Bookmarks etc. All I see is the Black...
  9. Nothing works

Nothing works: When i click on any app/programme it will open it on my pin bar but nothing will happen . When i hover over the icon it will show that it is there and when i click on it, it is minimised. The only thing i can acess is control pannel but i cant reset my pc or do system restore...
  10. Microsoft Store Will Not Launch

Microsoft Store Will Not Launch: Hi. When downloading an app, I checked the box to not open the Store app when clicking an available app. I thought it would give me an alternative and that I could easily change the choice back if needed. That is not the case. I've tried the advice I found so far,...