Windows 10: Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version

Discus and support Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have two laptops: Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series running Windows 10 Version 1909 Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10 Version 1904 I have been... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Draconys79, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version

I have two laptops:

Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series running Windows 10 Version 1909

Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 10 Version 1904

I have been trying to install the Windows File Recovery app from the Microsoft Store. It requires Windows 10 Version 19041.0. However, the store doesn't seem to be recognizing the Windows Version on either of the computers. It says that I have Windows 10 Version 18362.959. I have run through all the steps in this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...M1UyXMGdwLYXOqwVBdIs6ejxhwFLhnfTjjU#:~:text=1

None of these steps changed anything, and both say that there are no more Windows Updates available. I'm at a loss, is there anything further I can do?

:)

Draconys79, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Windows Store Doesn't Recognize DirectX 12?

We suggest that you follow these steps to reset your Windows Store.

• On the desktop screen, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe, then click OK.

Update us on the results.

Marby Rey, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version

dalchina, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version

1. Store Doesn't recognize Windows Version - Similar Threads - Store Doesn't recognize

2. Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN: I am using Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I login with a Microsoft account using a PIN. When I go to the Microsoft store, it asks me for my PIN. I enter the same PIN as I do when I log into Windows, but it doesn't recognize it. The Credential Security screen that pops...
  3. DirectX 12 in hardware but Microsoft Store doesn't recognize or detect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 in hardware but Microsoft Store doesn't recognize or detect: hello I am trying to help my friend out with this issue where he has directx 12 and the requirement had a minimum of Version 11. He showed an image that said what he has: DirectX 12 API and Hardware Feature Level 12. I do not know what to do so I decided to contact you to...
  4. Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_hate_patrice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e24hcj/cmd_doesnt_recognize_powershell_as_an_command_in/
  5. Microsoft store doesn't recognize my device to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store doesn't recognize my device to install: I recently decided to try the Game Pass for their $1 dollar promotion but I can't install any of the games that are available....the install button is greyed out and when I select the "..." to install on my device it doesn't have any device listed although I clearly have my...
  6. Doesn't recognize speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doesn't recognize speakers: After updating to 1903, I can no longer swap between default audio output devices, as my speakers aren't recognized when my headphones are plugged in simultaneously. This hasn't been an issue before for me. I've tried restarting the pc a couple times, updating the audio...
  7. Why Doesn't my PC get recognized by the Microsoft store

Why Doesn't my PC get recognized by the Microsoft store: In this past week i have got my new PC and i have tried to download some games from the Microsoft store that i already own, when i go to download these Games it gives me a list of devises that i want to install my games on, but i only see my Xbox and not my PC even though the...
  8. Windows doesn't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't recognize camera: Hello I switched to a new computer and had to re-install everything. I have a VX1000 LifeCam Microsoft camera which Windows did not recognize at all at the beginning, so I re-downloaded all the drivers and updated everything. Now Windows does recognize it... but only as a...
  9. Why Doesn't my PC get recognized by the Microsoft store?

Why Doesn't my PC get recognized by the Microsoft store?: Why Doesn't my PC get recognized by the Microsoft store? In this past week i have got my new PC and i have tried to download some games from the Microsoft store that i already own, when i go to download these Games it gives me a list of devises that i want to install my games...
  10. Windows Doesn't Recognize Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Doesn't Recognize Ethernet: I ran Windows 8.1 on my desktop machine a few months ago, and later upgraded to Windows 10. Everything worked great at that time, but since have replaced Windows with Linux. Now I'm trying to install Windows again, with the same 8.1 disk that I used for my earlier...