Windows 10: Store downloads over VPN not working

Discus and support Store downloads over VPN not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me why downloading apps on the store doesn't work over VPN ? I get the message while clicking the get button It doesn't look like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EliDelavar Mueller, May 15, 2019.

1. Store downloads over VPN not working

Can anyone tell me why downloading apps on the store doesn't work over VPN ? I get the message while clicking the get button It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet error code 0x800704cf. I am however 100% connected the internet. Everythıng else works. I am using the NordVPN application. I'm tired of always turning the vpn off in order to download something.

:)

EliDelavar Mueller, May 15, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Store downloads over VPN not working :D

P4-630, May 15, 2019
  4. SmokieT Win User

Store downloads over VPN not working

Windows store not working while running on a vpn.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to access the Windows Store while the VPN is running. .

Store downloads over VPN not working 553afa6d-a4fe-4918-b1bd-8754f171c2d0.jpg

Other than installing the VPN software, no major changes were made.

As far as troubleshooting steps.....There were a few. It took a while to figure out the VPN/Windows Store connection.

• Searched for the error code. Google and Bing.
    • Ran the troubleshooter which found the Store cache was corrupt. Repair didn't work.
    • Posted a question in the community without results
    • Contacted MS support and gave the tech access and he made some changes that appeared to have worked. (The VPN had not launched prior to testing after the restart)
    • More searches and more dead ends.
    • I wanted to check something out in Edge one day and I noticed it was running smooth and glitch free. I clicked the Store icon and just like magic is popped open. I then noticed the VPN wasn't connected. That was kinda the eureka moment for me. All three
      PC's do the same thing. VPN on, no Store. VPN off, Store works fine.
    The issue seems to be isolated to just the Store app. I chatted with a guy who was having the same issue and used a different VPN provider so it's not isolated to one.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

SmokieT, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Store downloads over VPN not working

1. Store downloads over VPN not working - Similar Threads - Store downloads VPN

2. Windows 10 Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading only work over VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading only work over VPN: My Windows 10 version 21H2 is stuck at 0% downloading. I've tried many ways to fix it restart services, delete cache, turn off almost everything. Finally, I found out that updates download works over my simple VPN PPTP on my local wifi router. Buy why? I tried to turn off...
  3. Windows 10 Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading only work over VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading only work over VPN: My Windows 10 version 21H2 is stuck at 0% downloading. I've tried many ways to fix it restart services, delete cache, turn off almost everything. Finally, I found out that updates download works over my simple VPN PPTP on my local wifi router. Buy why? I tried to turn off...
  4. Windows 10 Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading only work over VPN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Admin Center WinRM not working over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Admin Center WinRM not working over VPN: Hello all, I use Windows Admin Center often to manage my server OS: Hyper-V Server and workstations Windows 10 PCs, and I have WinRM configured for all of them. However, when I switch to VPN, I can access all my workstations fine, except my server, which returns a WinRM...
  6. VMWare over VPN

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare over VPN: PCs here connect to a VPN at start up. I want to install VMWare to load games. The VM will contain the OS and the game and nothing else. I will need internet access because the games use launchers like Origin, Steam and Battle.net If the host is connected to the VPN 1. Will...
  7. Microsoft apps not working over normal internet but works over vpn

Microsoft apps not working over normal internet but works over vpn: My windows apps such as settings, cortana , search, mail etc DOES NOT CONECT TO INTERNET over a normal connection BUT CONNECTS OVER A VPN. Past issues on this subject have always been the other way around ....
  8. Microsoft Store not working over VPN - Answer: Change Registry Setting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not working over VPN - Answer: Change Registry Setting: I ran into this problem after getting a new Laptop from my company. The error I was receiving was Error Code 0x8024500C and it said that the Windows Update Service was not started (or something to that effect), but of course it was. I tried all other suggestions I found...
  9. Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN: Hello Microsoft Team, I'm using Windows 10 x64 (but issue exists on all windows platforms where Microsoft Store is available) I can reproduce this issue on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Steps to reproduce this issue: 1/ Install Remote Desktop app from microsoft store. 2/...
  10. Edge won't work over VPN

Edge won't work over VPN: When on VPN and access EDGE, I get message "Can't connect securely to this page". Chrome & IE seem to work fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-wont-work-over-vpn/18ed6fe8-e5da-465a-9c1f-97a5fbc09386