Windows 10: Store downloads over VPN not working

Discus and support Store downloads over VPN not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me why downloading apps on the store doesn't work over VPN ? I get the message while clicking the get button It doesn't look like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EliDelavar Mueller, May 15, 2019.

1. Store downloads over VPN not working

Can anyone tell me why downloading apps on the store doesn't work over VPN ? I get the message while clicking the get button It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet error code 0x800704cf. I am however 100% connected the internet. Everythıng else works. I am using the NordVPN application. I'm tired of always turning the vpn off in order to download something.

:)

EliDelavar Mueller, May 15, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Store downloads over VPN not working :D

P4-630, May 15, 2019
  4. SmokieT Win User

Store downloads over VPN not working

Windows store not working while running on a vpn.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to access the Windows Store while the VPN is running. .

Store downloads over VPN not working 553afa6d-a4fe-4918-b1bd-8754f171c2d0.jpg

Other than installing the VPN software, no major changes were made.

As far as troubleshooting steps.....There were a few. It took a while to figure out the VPN/Windows Store connection.

• Searched for the error code. Google and Bing.
    • Ran the troubleshooter which found the Store cache was corrupt. Repair didn't work.
    • Posted a question in the community without results
    • Contacted MS support and gave the tech access and he made some changes that appeared to have worked. (The VPN had not launched prior to testing after the restart)
    • More searches and more dead ends.
    • I wanted to check something out in Edge one day and I noticed it was running smooth and glitch free. I clicked the Store icon and just like magic is popped open. I then noticed the VPN wasn't connected. That was kinda the eureka moment for me. All three
      PC's do the same thing. VPN on, no Store. VPN off, Store works fine.
    The issue seems to be isolated to just the Store app. I chatted with a guy who was having the same issue and used a different VPN provider so it's not isolated to one.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

SmokieT, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Store downloads over VPN not working

1. Store downloads over VPN not working - Similar Threads - Store downloads VPN

2. Microsoft Store not working over VPN - Answer: Change Registry Setting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not working over VPN - Answer: Change Registry Setting: I ran into this problem after getting a new Laptop from my company. The error I was receiving was Error Code 0x8024500C and it said that the Windows Update Service was not started (or something to that effect), but of course it was. I tried all other suggestions I found...
  3. Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN

Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN: I saw a fairly uninformed answer from a moderator in another forum that is locked about the store not working while a VPN is running. The Mods claim was that it was just the VPN's issue and the user should take it up with the software provider and not Microsoft isn't even...
  4. Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN: Hello Microsoft Team, I'm using Windows 10 x64 (but issue exists on all windows platforms where Microsoft Store is available) I can reproduce this issue on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Steps to reproduce this issue: 1/ Install Remote Desktop app from microsoft store. 2/...
  5. Offline profile over VPN possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Offline profile over VPN possible?: I have a user that has site to site VPN at home to access network drives. They also have folder redirection set up in their environment along with Offline files set up. When the user is connected on via VPN, they experience sluggish performance while doing simple tasks...
  6. Edge won't work over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't work over VPN: When on VPN and access EDGE, I get message "Can't connect securely to this page". Chrome & IE seem to work fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-wont-work-over-vpn/18ed6fe8-e5da-465a-9c1f-97a5fbc09386
  7. Store app updates over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app updates over and over: Since April’s feature update I notice some apps constantly offer a update despite obediently updating them. Phone, alarms and a few other useless ones. I never allow auto updating of apps preferring to manually check and update. Despite having this turned off I believe store...
  8. VPN Not working

VPN Not working: UNABLE To GET VPN SERVER & VPN CLIENT working. VPN server : Windows 10 Pro VPn client ports Forwarded (1723 TCP &UDP -inbound rules) on BT SMART router 1723 GRE opened for all applicataion Windows Firewall : defender stopped on both Client & Server Unable to get VPN...
  9. Store apps will not work, download or update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps will not work, download or update: Over thirty apps are 'pending', waiting to update. But they will not download --- they report 'Waiting for Wi-Fi'. The internet connection is good. I have lost use of Mail, People, Edge, and many other important services. I have switched Windows Firewall on, which restored...
  10. Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN: I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access. A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it...