Windows 10: Store Icons not appearing in Search

Discus and support Store Icons not appearing in Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, A Windows 10 Education image that I captured for deployment doesn't contain any provisioned applications including the store as I couldn't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hayden10001, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Store Icons not appearing in Search

Hi there,

A Windows 10 Education image that I captured for deployment doesn't contain any provisioned applications including the store as I couldn't get sysprep to run without removing them.

As a result I grabbed the appx, appxbundle and xml files from the iso and installed the apps via powershell to the Users that require use of the inbuilt apps. The install works fine but there is an issue with the apps appearing in the search.

For example, if I search Microsoft Store the results bring up ms-resource:StoreTitle, for Sticky Notes it brings up ms-resource:StickyNotesAppName and for some apps when searched it doesn't even show the name, it's just ms-resource:AppName, which came up when I searched calculator.

For all of the apps, when searched, clicking on the ms-resource result actually does open up the App that I've searched for but for End-Users not having the Icon or in some cases the proper name of the app is going to be a major problem. Any solutions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

However, despite the issue with searching, if I open up the start menu and just scroll down without searching it shows the apps just fine, for example if I scroll down to 'S', Sticky Notes is listed there perfectly with its Icon and it is also named correctly. Addiotnally, when the app is open the icon displays in the task bar correctly and it display correctly if pinned to the start menu. It is only the search that has the problem.

Lastly, if I download any new apps non default ones, they won't show up in the search at all, however, again they display correctly in the menu if you scroll down without searching.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide a solution.

Store Icons not appearing in Search 461ce13c-8f1a-4225-91e0-29b3c820d47c?upload=true.png

:)

Hayden10001, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2020
  4. GradyT Win User

Store Icons not appearing in Search

Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.
    Store Icons not appearing in Search b53b51f3-9f82-4d49-a9b2-0aaa4e562e80?upload=true.png

GradyT, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Store Icons not appearing in Search

1. Store Icons not appearing in Search - Similar Threads - Store Icons appearing

2. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  3. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH: App icons starts to show this way..anyone has any idea why? and how to fix it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appearing-this-way-in-search/4fcf2381-91fd-4e82-9131-966c8d77ff93
  4. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH: App icons starts to show this way..anyone has any idea why? and how to fix it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appearing-this-way-in-search/4fcf2381-91fd-4e82-9131-966c8d77ff93
  5. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Cortana
  6. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?: For a while, this has been happening on my Windows 10:Some of my app icons have been this. The picture icon in my search. From what I saw, This has happened only for Settings and Paint 3D.So my question is... Why is this happening? And is there a fix to it?If anyone knows the...
  7. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?: For a while, this has been happening on my Windows 10:Some of my app icons have been this. The picture icon in my search. From what I saw, This has happened only for Settings and Paint 3D.So my question is... Why is this happening? And is there a fix to it?If anyone knows the...
  8. Why is the icons not appearing on search in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Store Icons not appearing in Search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Icons not appearing in Search: Hi there, A Windows 10 Education image that I captured for deployment doesn't contain any provisioned applications including the store as I couldn't get sysprep to run without removing them. As a result I grabbed the appx, appxbundle and xml files from the iso and...
  10. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-resource:stickynotesappname.

2. ms-resource:stickynotesappname