Windows 10: Store Live Tile Not Working

Discus and support Store Live Tile Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Sep 18, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile Not Working

Either doesn't work or works intermittently.
    Any ideas?

:)

elbeasto, Sep 18, 2015
  2. JSR8860 Win User

MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Microsoft Forum

Running Windows 10 Pro (version 1703, OS build 15063.632) and I can't seem to keep the live tile option on (or working) for the MSN Weather app pinned to Start Menu. After several days, my MSN weather live tile stops. It’s not turned off it just
    stops responding as a live tile. My "fix" is to uninstall the app and simply reinstall it from the Store. The app works fine for several days then locks up or fails to run as a live tile.

Any suggestions

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Store / PC

JSR8860, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Weather live tile does not update

I reply to the question of FaithMincer, trying to help, noting that I am not a computer expert.

If the weather tile, the photo tile, and the store tile are all on one common box, the first thing I would try is to get separate tiles in the start
    menu.

It should be possible to drag each tile out of that common box and to restore separate tiles on the start menu. It should also be possible to detach
    all these tiles from the start menu and then to restore again separately each of the tiles on the start menu.

Then each separate tile could be set to live or not. the Weather App and the Photo App can also be easily uninstalled and reinstalled, then the
    live tile of each of them should work.

In one case I had on a brand new PC the Weather Tile not working together with some slow behavior of EDGE - This was a problem from day one on that PC, immediately after having completed the Windows 10
    installation and activation (Home edition, 64 Bit) on that PC. Because it was just the starting point, I reset Windows 10 and everything became very normal on that PC, which is currently working very nicely.

(To be noted however that the live tile of the Microsoft Store seems to be randomly working on wireless connected PCs. I say so simply
    based on the experience of the three PCs which I have at home, with the Store live tile on each of them working on some wireless connection and not on others, although these connections are all set as private networks. I personally do not care the Store Live
    Tile, I disabled it, I keep the Store in the taskbar.)

Monferrato, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Same thing here, I found the only way it'll work is to open store and goto settings and then slide the live tiles to off and then back to on.

Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    hmm, this is my 3 install and it's the first time this has happened.

elbeasto, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    2nd install here... Had to do a in-place install aka upgrade when the start menu stopped working.

Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  7. elbeasto Win User
    so you uprade win10 to win10?

elbeasto, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Yes, since it's basically a repair install from the same build to the same build to fix things. I never paid attention to the tile on the first install...

Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  9. elbeasto Win User
    oh do you do a reset via the settings or with the USB/ISO?

elbeasto, Sep 19, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  11. elbeasto Win User
    okay thanks, I'll try it tonight.

elbeasto, Sep 19, 2015
  12. elbeasto Win User
    Thanks for that, Store live tile and Mail live tile works now. I didn't realise but the Mail tile wasn't working before either... but now they both do.

The only thing that went missing was Media Centre. I reinstalled it (a winaero hack) and all my channels and shows were still working so all good.

Oh, now my weather live tile isn't updating... ffs

elbeasto, Sep 19, 2015
  13. Almighty1 Win User

No problem... does your mail tile actually update since it seems like mines keeps saying I have 2 new mails from when I made it live so it seems to not update as when I run mail, there is way more new mails than that. Also, are you seeing a new icon for Store compared to the older one? The current one is white on a light blue background while the older one, the icon was bigger.

Almighty1, Sep 19, 2015
  14. elbeasto Win User
    hmm yeah both Mail and now Weather aren't updating... *really

And Store no longer works either lol

The upgrade has infact made live tiles worse.
    I think this is because I'm using a local account.

elbeasto, Sep 20, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    I can't tell if weather is updating or not... LOL... But Mail isn't as I deleted all my mail and it still thinks I have 2 mails! As for store, what's weird is if one goes to store and go into settings in store and set live tile to off, it will make the tile live?

Almighty1, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Store Live Tile Not Working - Similar Threads - Store Live Tile

2. Live Tiles not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Tiles not working: Hi,Why Live tiles are not working after reinstalling windows through media creation tool?Only News and Weather are workingbefore reinstalling windows lot of them used to work properly as: Photos, Xbox, Microsoft Store ,Calender and OneNoteAny help?...
  3. Live Tiles not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Tiles not working: Hi,Why Live tiles are not working after reinstalling windows through media creation tool?Only News and Weather are workingbefore reinstalling windows lot of them used to work properly as: Photos, Xbox, Microsoft Store ,Calender and OneNoteAny help?...
  4. Live Tiles not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  6. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  7. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  8. MS Store live tile stopped working

MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  9. MS Store live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  10. Store Live Tile no longer works

Store Live Tile no longer works: Since 1703 & now 1709 I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period: Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings. Resetting the Store. Uninstalling...