Windows 10: Store not allowing me to download apps and games

Discus and support Store not allowing me to download apps and games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aidanbustos, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and try to download it I click the install button it does not do anything. I saw that my laptop is not in my "trusted devices" list and I was wondering how to add it. I only have 6/10 of my Microsoft account devices on this account so it cant be that right? Any help is appreciated.

:)

aidanbustos, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I could not download a game that I have purchased from Windows 10 App Store

Hi,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Do you face this issue only with Gears of War or all the games?

• Have you tried downloading any other game or app from Windows store?

• Are you getting any error message while downloading the game?
    As a work around, I would suggest you to run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

Windows Store will not allow app download

Hi Glen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Mail app is inbuilt app and there is no option to uninstall it. It is not recommended to uninstall app from PowerShell as it might cause issue.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Reset the Windows store

I would suggest you reset the Windows app store and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit enter.
    After resetting check if you can see the mail app in the list.

Method 2: Try signing in using a new user account and check if the issue persists

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issue status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution

Create a user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Mail app using the PowerShell.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

4. Press
    Enter key.

After uninstalling the Mail app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

Get Mail and Calendar - Microsoft Store

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Store not allowing me to download apps and games

1. Store not allowing me to download apps and games - Similar Threads - Store allowing download

2. Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...: I've been able to effortlessly install games prior to this issue. It started when I tried to install "High On Life." Once I started installing this game it told me that is was preparing, it told me the same thing 30 minutes later. I then closed the app and went to try again....
  3. Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App not allowing me to download games due to gaming services not being installed, even...: I've been able to effortlessly install games prior to this issue. It started when I tried to install "High On Life." Once I started installing this game it told me that is was preparing, it told me the same thing 30 minutes later. I then closed the app and went to try again....
  4. MInecraft will not allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MInecraft will not allow me to download: As of now i got a new PC and is trying to redownload Minecraft but as i try i get this message Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001But I am...
  5. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.: I recently purchased the Halo: MasterChief Collection, however I encountered a number of problems in the process of downloading the games. The Microsoft Store first won't allow me to install anything, anytime I try and install something I receive the error message "Try Again...
  6. Microsoft store not allowing me to install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not allowing me to install games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  7. windows store wont allow me to download or use any windows store app Code: 0x803F81F5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows store wont allow me to download or use any windows store app Code: 0x803F81F5: I get an error that basically says the only device I have on my account is 1 to many, does anyone know how to fix this error because you are supossed to have upto 10 devices linked. Code: 0x803F81F5 I already removed the computer multple times, try stuff in the power shell...
  8. Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me

Trying to download an app and Hello will not allow me: I do not have a fingerprint option on my laptop. Windows says the PIN and Hello Face are currently unavailable. Windows Store requires one of those three in order for me to download an app. I am using Windows 10. What hte heck is going on?...
  9. Windows Store not allowing me to download Wampserver

Windows Store not allowing me to download Wampserver: When I click on download on the wampserver website windows store pops up with a message warning that it's an app that's not in Windows Store. It has a button that says "install anyway", but the button isn't doing anything. It's frozen. Please advise....
  10. allow app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allow app download: I don't see how to allow Go To Meeting download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-app-download/d3f8e4d2-a0d9-4efc-8792-43f7edb11ba8