Windows 10: Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors

Discus and support Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract failed with error: The operation was canceled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by borgus, Sep 26, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors

Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract failed with error: The operation was canceled by the user.
    or
    Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The operation was canceled by the user. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

This error appears routinely in a laptop with W10 HOME. It has never appeared on the Desktop PC with W10 PRO.

Deleted the Photos app, then ran the reset and reinstall commands for STORE apps. This resulted in a slew of "activation or application failed" errors - the type that tend to appear randomly. This has been widely discussed in forums.

The Photo error persists, but store apps seem okay. SFC reports no errors. Nothing was knowingly "canceled by user."

No on-line article seems to address this issue specifically. What's the cause, what's the fix?

:)

borgus, Sep 26, 2016
  2. AJCYSJ Win User

Windows 8 Mobile Photo app screen resembles a graffiti covered wall

My default Photo app for Windows 8 Mobile is experience some technical difficulties. When I access the app, the landing screen suddenly has numerous repetitions of the word “Photo” in different font sizes. If I swipe to either
    side of the Photo app menu then the following page’s graphics are added to the previous causing the screen to resemble a 5 year olds finger painting.
    I checked with Samsung for an update for my Ativ S but was informed I had to do a factory reset. This is only impacting the Photo app, all other works fine.

Anyone else encountered this?

AJCYSJ, Sep 26, 2016
  3. D(''.)N Win User
    [Newly installed Window 10] "This app can't open" issue. How to fix?

I was able to update my Windows 7 OS (32bit) to free Windows 10 however none of the app is working and I can't even go to "Windows Store." as suggested by pop-up error messages.

example 1: Clicking Windows Edge App will pop an error message..

"You're trial period for app has expired. Visit the Windows Store to purchase the full app. "Go to Store" link is not working.

example 2: Clicking photo app or Weather app will pop an error message..

Check windows store for more info on Photo / Weather. "Go to Store" link is not working

D(''.)N, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Try the Store Troubleshooter?

Steve C, Sep 26, 2016
  5. borgus Win User
    Sure did. SFC says that all is fine. I have run the APPS troubleshooter in the past and it reported fixing a registry entry. Yet the errors persist. It also recommended turning on UAC, which is normally disabled here. I'll tried that at its lowest setting. No change.

Photos errors are gone, because that app has been uninstalled in favor if the vastly superior Irfanview, but similar errors for other store apps persist. This is an issue not likely to be resolved, judging by extensive discussions in various forums. Probably best simply ignored. Always open to new ideas though. ^_^ Thanks.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors - Similar Threads - Store PHOTOS app

2. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  3. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  4. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Photos App error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  6. Photos App error

Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  7. No Bootable Device error Repetition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Bootable Device error Repetition: I have an issue with a dell laptop. This happened 10 days ago my laptop turns on starts a self check tells me that there is no bootable devices. I eventually fix it. 10 days later it happens again and I fix it again. Why is this happening and how do I prevent it. Note: I have...
  8. Repetitive Blue Screen Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repetitive Blue Screen Errors: Hi Over the last few weeks I have been getting constant Blue Screen Errors. Majority of them Driver_Verifier_DMA_Violation. I have got the latest mini dump files to share if someone can help me figure out what is causing them?...
  9. Windows Store and Photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and Photos app: To whom it concerns, My windows apps such as photos, store, calculator stopped working. How can I fix this? I checked various posts online but most of it is from 2016. Regards, Bernard Heng....
  10. App store and Photo app annoying

App store and Photo app annoying: Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it minimizes games I am in. I then just right click and exit. Any ideas on how to prevent this? 17180