Windows 10: Store updates problem

Discus and support Store updates problem in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I am about to go on a game that I have installed on the store It is usually sea of thieves it says it needs an update even though I have the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by __Bbot__, May 3, 2021.

1. __Bbot__ Win User

Store updates problem

When I am about to go on a game that I have installed on the store It is usually sea of thieves it says it needs an update even though I have the automatically update games setting on.. I don't know if it is because I need to have the store open to do so, but even still, I have that setting on for automatically update, so can someone please help on why this problem is happening.

:)

__Bbot__, May 3, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows Store problem

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: Clear Windows Store app cache.

We suggest you to manually reset Windows Store app cache then try to download the game again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Make sure that you are logged in to your computer using your Microsoft account.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows store update problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is suggested to keep the PC up to date by updating the applications and Windows Files for the better functionality of Windows and its applications.

Note: App publishers sometimes update their apps to add new features and fix problems.

To make sure your apps get updated automatically, follow these steps:

• On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the
      Windows Store.

• Navigate to Settings.

• Tap or click App updates.

• Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to
      Yes.

Note: You can manually check for app updates at any time — tap or click
    Check for updates.

I would suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps inuninstalling the mail app.

To remove the Microsoft Mail, People and Calendar app:

• Press Start, type Powershell, right click and select
      Run as Administrator.
    Type the following commands:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

If you want to reinstall it later, go to the
    windows store and Download.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 3, 2021
  4. Store updates problem

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Store updates problem

1. Store updates problem - Similar Threads - Store updates problem

2. Microsoft Store update problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store update problem: HelloI'm currently having a problem with Microsoft Store.Whenever i open up Microsoft Store,and click on Library the following Apps say they need updating:-App InstallerMixed Reality PortalGet HelpMicrosoft PeopleSnipping ToolMSN WeatherXbox Game Bar PluginI update all of...
  3. Microsoft Store update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store update problem: HelloI'm currently having a problem with Microsoft Store.Whenever i open up Microsoft Store,and click on Library the following Apps say they need updating:-App InstallerMixed Reality PortalGet HelpMicrosoft PeopleSnipping ToolMSN WeatherXbox Game Bar PluginI update all of...
  4. Microsoft Store update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store apps updating problem.

Microsoft store apps updating problem.: I have been using Microsoft store on windows 10 for a while and never had faced this type of problem. Few days ago, I opened my Microsoft store but was unable to update my apps. When, I clicked on update or download the download doesn't even started. I thought that it is a...
  6. Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I would like to report that I have a problem related to updating apps in Microsoft Store on Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I try to update the applications in the Microsoft Store I cannot update them, I want to know what the problem will be that I cannot update the...
  7. Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store

Problem updating apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I would like to report that I have a problem related to updating apps in Microsoft Store on Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I try to update the applications in the Microsoft Store I cannot update them, I want to know what the problem will be that I cannot update the...
  8. Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store

Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store: Hi,I wanted to report a problem regarding the apps update in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 build 20H2. Whenever I tried to update the apps in Microsoft Store...
  9. Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates

Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates: Hello PROBLEM 1: I'm having problems with the microsoft Store, when i want to install an app, the button goes away and then just returns, nothing installs. I can't install an app. i tried running wsreset, didn't work neither. I tried reading some solutions which said to...
  10. Problem updating Store app

Problem updating Store app: There is an update for the Store app that won't install. It seems to complete the 'downloading' phase, and the 'installing' phase seems to run out to near the end and then all of a sudden I get "Wait a few minutes and try that again The update failed. The error code is...