Windows 10: Store updates set to manual- relusts in unwarrented error messages

Discus and support Store updates set to manual- relusts in unwarrented error messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have followed the relevant tutorial to set Sore updates to manual for all users of my PC. Whenever an App that is part of the default apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Geoff Daniell, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Store updates set to manual- relusts in unwarrented error messages

I have followed the relevant tutorial to set Sore updates to manual for all users of my PC.

Whenever an App that is part of the default apps receives an update, my PC generates unnecessary warning messages and error messages.

The previous one dealt with "Mail and Calendar". Now this week, it is about "One Note" as well as an Xbox update which sneaked in. So it seems one has to also disable automatic updates of Xbox separately.

:)

Geoff Daniell, Feb 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 updates with them set to manual

I have set my windows 10 (1511 build) to manual. I have noticed that the 1607 build hasn't come back. I have also noticed that I am getting updates installed automatically.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Also, I think that my computer may not be compatible with 1607 because I noticed in many searches that there are many computers that aren't compatible.

johnschnellptsdvet, Feb 17, 2016
  3. SusanLeeH Win User
    Windows 10 Home Updates ; want to set back to manual

Microsoft Technical Support emailed me with the following, which still isn't returning to me the choice of a switch to manual updates, but at least shows me how to turn the Automatic Updates on & off (thank you Tech Support for the email) so that is some
    help. But please Microsoft return we folk using Home Edition choice buttons.

"By the way, here's the instruction on how to disable Windows update:

• Press Windows key + R
    • type in services.msc then hit enter
    • Look for Windows Update.
    • Right click then select Properties.
    • On the Startup type, click Disabled.
    • Click on Stop under Service status.
    • Click Apply and OK"

SusanLeeH, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

Store updates set to manual- relusts in unwarrented error messages

1. Store updates set to manual- relusts in unwarrented error messages - Similar Threads - Store updates set

2. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  3. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...: Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection definition update failed. how do I clear it?? Error code 2147024816...
  4. Trying to update security intelligence manually, but getting error message - protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Message: Manually Uninstall _PO_vmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: Manually Uninstall _PO_vmware: How do I manually uninstall an item when I can't find it on my system? I'm trying to uninstall _PO_vmware workstation pro no op https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-manually-uninstall-povmware/705fceaa-2854-4742-8dac-af5b4ba69e69
  6. Error Message: Manually Uninstall _PO_vmware

Error Message: Manually Uninstall _PO_vmware: How do I manually uninstall an item when I can't find it on my system? I'm trying to uninstall _PO_vmware workstation pro no op https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-manually-uninstall-povmware/705fceaa-2854-4742-8dac-af5b4ba69e69
  7. Error Message: Manually Uninstall _PO_vmware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update set to Manual

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update set to Manual: If you have Windows Updates set to manual in "Services" does this mean that Windows will NOT automatically check for updates? 109263
  9. Store updates on PC, auto or manual?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Store updates on PC, auto or manual?: What do people advise as best practice for the store updates? Do you recommend automatic or manual. I just switched mine onto manual because a couple of native apps got screwed up on some user accounts after some auto updates that got stuck, cancelled by me and then re...
  10. Setting the manual update of the Store apps for all users

Setting the manual update of the Store apps for all users: Hi In Windows 10, how do I set the manual update of the Store apps for all users? Thanks Bye 8236