Windows 10: Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

Discus and support Store - updating apps glitch in creators? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I always turn the option to update apps automatically off in the store settings. I prefer to check myself manually and choose when to download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

I always turn the option to update apps automatically off in the store settings. I prefer to check myself manually and choose when to download and install an update. I've noticed since creators that if I run a check for updates the app updates are being found but rather than just giving me the option to download they just go ahead and update themselves. Effectively ignoring my setting. Is anyone seeing the same problem?

:)

Scottyboy99, Apr 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 store apps not installizing error codes( 0x80070005, 0x80240009, 0x80240438, 0x803f7003 )

still a problem

lots of other thread, app store seems to be glitch still:

Help please! I've had several dayts unable to run, update or download apps, and store is doing some auto closures too,,,,

Sigh!

Richtoven55, Apr 26, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    HERE Maps disappeared from the store?

Chill

There was a recent update to Here apps and there was a problem with it. The HEAR team pulled it form the store.

technical glitch, we are working returning them as soon as possible

Jere Suikkila on Twitter

Developers control their apps in the store,

garym123, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

Not just in CU. I've had that happen twice now over the last couple of months. The first time, when I opened the page one was already downloaded and the second in progress.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 26, 2017
  5. Thanks for feeding back. Given MS occasional habit of breaking their own apps with 'updates' this feature not working reliably is extremely irritating. I also am very careful never to shut a machine down mid way through anything updating in the background so this is another reason to find this frustrating

6. Over the years I learned little things change/happen with Windows that will make you doubt your own sanity. And some not so little ones too.

Within the last week both Word and Excel lost the entire lists of Recent Documents. There's been no updates and I've made no changes. I just log these kind of things under "Stuff" Happens.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 26, 2017
  7. I guess but it's frustrating how they break stuff - it's doing it all the time now. Just now ran a manual update check and found groove update but instead of then sitting there waiting for me to click download it goes straight off and installs. Gives me no chance to check things out and see if an update is safe

8. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

That's how I got five this morning. None of which I use.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

1. Store - updating apps glitch in creators? - Similar Threads - Store updating apps

2. Microsoft Store Glitched?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Glitched?: For some reason the only thing I can not download on the Microsoft Store is the Minecraft Windows + Launcher. Every time I try to download Minecraft it tells me try again later, something unexpected happened on our end. The problem is that it has been 3 days now and nothing...
  3. Microsoft Store glitch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store glitch: Whenever I try to download a game from the Microsoft store, it always slows down after downloading 15.88GB. This is a very constant limit and if the game is below this size, it will install properly, however, if it is above that size it will always slow down from 100mbps to...
  4. microsoft store glitch

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft store glitch: ive been having problems with the store. not able to install new addons. a message said theres a problem with the store you need to fix it..so i go and open the dialog box..but it just hangs there without opening. anyone else have same problem? whats up with...
  5. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch: I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ " I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the Creator update. That is because I am visually impaired and operate my computer monitor in portrait setting and Windows 10...
  6. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. Fall Creators Update Corrupted Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fall Creators Update Corrupted Store: Hi, Did the latest fall creators update [img] Now Microsoft Store and all related apps dont work. Store shows up like this. [img] Tried a few things but nothing works. Please help 97433
  8. Itunes PC APPS Simultaneous Update Glitch after Creators Update v1703

Itunes PC APPS Simultaneous Update Glitch after Creators Update v1703: I updated to V1703 Creators update and when I update my IOS APPS on my PC, it will not all update when checking "Simultaneous Updates" in ITunes APPS update. Unchecking the "Simultaneous Updates" box results in all APPS getting updated on the PC. I can only attribute the...
  9. Windows Store and Apps not working after fall Creators update

Windows Store and Apps not working after fall Creators update: Greetings all, new to the forum. I got the fall creators update and it looked like everything installed correctly. It installed so well (Or so I thought) that I deleted my windows.old folder on my C: drive. Now the kicker is, I noticed that the Windows Store and some of the...
  10. Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch: Worked fine before the update. After update, the front left right and center and all mixed up or missing. Onboard audio works fine, dts connect from sound card works fine, except when using analog out of the sound card. I have removed and reinstalled hardware, but...