Windows 10: Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!

Discus and support Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with the graphical behavior of my UWP apps. every time I open any store app, after a while it become a raw/solid color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MasoudOmidian, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!

Hi,

I have an issue with the graphical behavior of my UWP apps.

every time I open any store app, after a while it become a raw/solid color background.

and when I hover the mouse on any icon/object it shows up (only the specific object I hovered).

I attached 2 pics showing the behavior of it :

[before I hover on any item:]

Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem! 66f98195-9f8e-4695-a8dd-cbcee4c1f768?upload=true.png

[after I hover on items:]

Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem! a87f8fbb-13ea-4559-8d81-c00abe0f0c34?upload=true.png

I wanna know if this is my Windows problem, or my graphic driver.

I also reinstalled the graphic driver and re-updated it.

:)

MasoudOmidian, Sep 24, 2019
  2. nini90 Win User

Ceritification for non-UI based application

Hello,

I have to work with a ODM/OEM to develop a console application which needs to be run as a background task during the system boot to support a hardware added.

I've gone through

Hardware Support App (HSA) Steps for App Developers - Windows drivers

1. But in my case, there is no UI required for the application, just need to run as background process.
    2. The app need to access firmware environment variables to read the data from the UFEI.
    3. As I understand, I think we do not have plan to distribute through Windows store as this would be specific to a particular hardware.

Could someone help suggest,

1. If this is right method to do it ? If not what would be right way to do it.
    2. what kind of certification should I go through from Microsoft, so that ODM/OEMs can integrate the background tasks to the end system.

Thank You

nini90, Sep 24, 2019
  3. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Sep 24, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!

1. Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem! - Similar Threads - Store UWP Applications

2. UWP problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP problem: Hi, every time i launch armoury crate, it stops and on the task manager there's a leaf icon UWP i want to disable it.I've tried to search for the "Background Apps" setting, but i can't find it. i've also tried follow this guide This UWP process group is suspending processes...
  3. UWP problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP problem: Hi, every time i launch armoury crate, it stops and on the task manager there's a leaf icon UWP i want to disable it.I've tried to search for the "Background Apps" setting, but i can't find it. i've also tried follow this guide This UWP process group is suspending processes...
  4. UWP Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Problem: è da novembre che Armoury crate viene sospeso nel task manager mi esce un icona UWP. avevo quest'app installata anche prima e non aveva mai dato problemi. ho formattato il pc e reinstallato windows 11 in modo pulito ma niente.Ho provato a seguire una guida UWP Suspending...
  5. UWP Problem

UWP Problem: è da novembre che Armoury crate viene sospeso nel task manager mi esce un icona UWP. avevo quest'app installata anche prima e non aveva mai dato problemi. ho formattato il pc e reinstallato windows 11 in modo pulito ma niente.Ho provato a seguire una guida UWP Suspending...
  6. UI problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UI problem: Hello,my ui on my hp windows 10 laptop has been playing up Upon startup it only selects the bottom right icon on desktop,and its stuck there,any selection i make only selects the bottom right iconIt only gets fixed once i start using the arrow keys for selection I did a test...
  7. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version: Hi, I Have an existing UWP application on the Store, which I have been developing Visual Studio 2007.I have updated the app, so that it is now using WinUI3. However, in Visual Studio 2022, I do not see the same "associate app with store" option, and ot sure how to get a store...
  8. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version: Hi, I Have an existing UWP application on the Store, which I have been developing Visual Studio 2007.I have updated the app, so that it is now using WinUI3. However, in Visual Studio 2022, I do not see the same "associate app with store" option, and ot sure how to get a store...
  9. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close: Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I failed to solve myself. The thing is as described in the subject title, Windows Store downloaded Universal Windows Platform...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp ui problem