Windows 10: Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge

Discus and support Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 v. 21H1 Every site I visit states the following: You'll find the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) bookmarks/favourites over here:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by FlyerEd, Jun 3, 2021.

1. FlyerEd Win User

Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge

Windows 10 v. 21H1 Every site I visit states the following: You'll find the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) bookmarks/favourites over here: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Bookmarks ("Bookmarks" is the actual file). All is great until I get to "Default" which is not available in the string. Are people posting the wrong location, or do I have a problem with my PC? Thanks.

:)

FlyerEd, Jun 3, 2021

2. Add Bookmarks to Microsoft Edge manually

I am wondering if the folder has changed since Windows 10 Fall Update

Source How to Change Storage Location of Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

How do I manually add bookmarks or folders of bookmarks to favourites in Edge?

According to the source below there is an extra step required (deleting a value FavOrder from the registry, see steps 6 and 7).

Presumably deleting FavOrder causes Edge to rescan the favourites.

How To: Get Your Browser Favorites into Microsoft Edge When the Import Fails in Windows 10

Source How To: Get Your Browser Favorites into Microsoft Edge When the Import Fails in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Run5k Win User
    How to export favorites from Edge to Firefox bookmarks?

Since the public release of the Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703), this is now possible:

After than, you can easily import your Edge bookmarks into Firefox in the following manner:

Sources:

TenForums - How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10

Mozilla Support - Import Bookmarks from an HTML file

Run5k, Jun 3, 2021
  4. John Fue Win User

Can I recover my bookmarks (favorites) if I've reinstalled Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge)?

Hi David,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that look in your backed up date for similar path, and check if your bookmarks are there.

%localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

If you see the bookmarks you can copy them to
    %userprofile%\Favorites which is the Favorites folder for the Internet Explorer and import your Favorite it to Edge.

Here's how to import favorites from Internet Explorer into Microsoft Edge.

• In Microsoft Edge, select Hub Horizontal lines List icon >
      Favorites Star-shaped Favorites icon > Settings.
    • Choose the browser you want to import from (only browsers installed on this PC will appear), and then select
      Import.
    To show favorites on the favorites bar, select Hub Horizontal lines List icon >
    Favorites Star-shaped Favorites icon > Settings and turn on
    Show the favorites bar. Then select Hub Horizontal lines List icon >
    Favorites Star-shaped Favorites icon and drag the ones you want into the
    Favorites Bar folder.

Note: If %localappdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites
    can't be found from your backed up, there is no alternative way to recover Bookmarks/Favorites.

Thank you.

John Fue, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge - Similar Threads - Stored Favorites Bookmarks

2. Edge Chromium Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Favorites: Could someone tell me when MS changed the way favorites are accessed in Edge Chromium. It used to be horizontal and now it's back to all vertical. I haven't seen any updates in the last few days, but it just changed overnight. 173585
  3. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  4. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  5. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  6. New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view: Hi folks - Have two systems that are running the new Edge. Imported my favorites for display in a horizontal line, but Edge keeps them under Bookmarks Toolbar and Other Favorites. I just want them to simply display in the bar (image below) horizontally. What am I doing...
  7. Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive: Had a thread I started in the Performance & Maintenance sub-forum about a REALLY slow Toshiba laptop. I eventually put in a new drive and re-installed W10. Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.418. I put the old, slightly damaged drive in a caddy and was easily able to copy...
  8. Where are Edge Favorites stored ?

in Browsers and Email
    Where are Edge Favorites stored ?: I was able to import them for ie to edge but I am not sure if there are stored on the hard drive or some place else. I liked in ie that you could edit favorites directly in the folder structured. I would like to edit edge so it uses the favorites folder instead of where it...
  9. bookmark/favorite

in Browsers and Email
    bookmark/favorite: Is there a free appthat will find a bookmark/favorite in ie11?? Is there a free appthat will find a bookmark/favorite in ie11?? 103890
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites location

2. change edge bookmark location