Windows 10: Storing my documents

Discus and support Storing my documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I begin the day all files and folders are in This PC and Quick Access. After working on an open file and selecting "SaveAs", the list comes up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieGreenough, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Storing my documents

When I begin the day all files and folders are in This PC and Quick Access. After working on an open file and selecting "SaveAs", the list comes up to This PC and some folders are missing. They all can be found at C;\Users\jmgre\Documents. In checking properties of documents on This PC the location is set to C:\Users\jmgre\Documents. How do I change it to save all to This PC - always. I don't know how this happened. I believe it happened when I got a new PC and changed everything over, but don't know what I did wrong.

Thank you.

:)

JackieGreenough, Sep 4, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Storing my documents

Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Storing my documents

1. Storing my documents - Similar Threads - Storing documents

2. Scan app from Microsoft Store only able to scan two documents at a time when using the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Scan app from Microsoft Store only able to scan two documents at a time when using the...: Hello, recently the Scan app has only allowed two documents to be scanned at a time.Before I was able to scan up to 10 documents. I have tried changing the location that the files are saved to, reinstalling the program, using new paper and ensuring that there is nothing wrong...
  3. Scan app from Microsoft Store only able to scan two documents at a time when using the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan app from Microsoft Store only able to scan two documents at a time when using the...: Hello, recently the Scan app has only allowed two documents to be scanned at a time.Before I was able to scan up to 10 documents. I have tried changing the location that the files are saved to, reinstalling the program, using new paper and ensuring that there is nothing wrong...
  4. Scan app from Microsoft Store only able to scan two documents at a time when using the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  6. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  7. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

8. How to recover permanently deleted folders and files from locally store Document folder

How to recover permanently deleted folders and files from locally store Document folder: I accidentally deleted important onedrive folders locally in laptop. Those folders store in local DOCUMENT folder in Onedrive, which not sync with cloud onedrive. It totally disappear after attempts recover. What can I do now to recover those folders and files. Those folders...
  9. How to recover permanently deleted folders and files from locally store Document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover permanently deleted folders and files from locally store Document folder: I accidentally deleted important onedrive folders locally in laptop. Those folders store in local DOCUMENT folder in Onedrive, which not sync with cloud onedrive. It totally disappear after attempts recover. What can I do now to recover those folders and files. Those folders...
  10. Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...

Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In...: As I am getting a new HP i want to make sure my file structure is correct. I would appreciate some guidance please on Best Practice: Where you store your Photo's, Music, Video's, Documents and down loads - In what location "This PC" or Window C drive hierarchy? Regards Steve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are my documents stored