Windows 10: storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

Discus and support storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How much space will I need?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harryvalentyne007, Jun 9, 2019.

1. storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

How much space will I need?

:)

Harryvalentyne007, Jun 9, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 9, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

1. storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation - Similar Threads - storing stick prior

2. Install Store in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install Store in Windows 10: Hi there, I got a brand new windows 10 laptop, install windows 10 from network in our company. However, this windows is a highly customized version which didn't include Store. Is there anyway that I can download Windows Store and install it? I google from internet and...
  3. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE: HEY THERE, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP! SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT ACTIVATED" AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.....
  4. Can you install Windows 10 on a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you install Windows 10 on a USB stick?: I often run Ubuntu Linux off of a USB onto which it has been installed. I'm just wondering, can you do the same with Windows 10 in that you install Windows 10 on a USB stick and then you can boot/run Windows 10 off the stick? Thank you 71021
  5. Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?

Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?: I have two older PC's running Win 7 Pro (32 & 64 bit). We want to add a number of in the box(s) upgrades...like Motherboard...Graphic cards...SSD's etc. My question is does it matter if we do all this 1st before Win 10 upgrade...or can I change the 2 boxes after the 10...
  6. Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!

Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074683) - Fails to install!!! In deed I have windows 7 home premium and need to update to windows 10 home but the above update failed and I could not update to windows 10 home. Please what to do in this specific...
  7. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows: Hey guys, I have a slight problem. I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with Ubuntu on it. I am trying to install Windows 10 on it. During install I am constantly getting Windows ran into a problem...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 installation not sticking

Windows 10 installation not sticking: Hello I have an Acer aspire e1521 laptop and it used to run windows 7 home premium. I bought a self made installation disc for windows 10 and after some minor issues it finally installed. It was windows 10 technical preview version and it worked fine at first. I opened a...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a Prior Upgrade

Reinstalling Windows 10 from a Prior Upgrade: I upgraded my Windows 8.1 desktop to Windows 10 in August using the ISO Media file. Due to a computer crash I had to reinstall Windows 8 from the original Windows 8 disk. I ran the update to install all Windows 8 updates so that the computer would be ready for Windows 10. I...