Windows 10: storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

Discus and support storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How much space will I need?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harryvalentyne007, Jun 9, 2019.

1. storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

How much space will I need?

:)

Harryvalentyne007, Jun 9, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 9, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

1. storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation - Similar Threads - storing stick prior

2. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  3. Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation through USB Stick Problem: Problem :1. I used Windows Installation Media to install Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive in my Dell XPS 13 Laptop.Link 1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows102. I removed all partions, formated them.3. Started installating4. After it prompted that it...
  4. how to preview an update prior to installing?

how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  5. Windows 10 install stick bluescreens

Windows 10 install stick bluescreens: Hello Quite strange issue here: I have a HP desktop PC which suddenly started to give Bluescreens when booting always. Usually KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED but sometimes also a different. Sometimes it doesn't Bluescreen but just reboots right away and goes into an endless...
  6. Remove prior ubuntu install

Remove prior ubuntu install: Question for the gurus out there. I recently "upgraded" to the latest MS version of ubuntu 18.04 from the app store. I tried to do an upgrade from 14.04, and it failed miserably. Now, however, I have two versions and apparently, the 14.04 version is the "default, though I...
  7. Changing registry prior to install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing registry prior to install?: Hi, I'm expecting to do quite a few installs soon, I want all the same registry edits for every install, to save time, is there a way to edit the install media just once instead of doing this manually for every install? I know I could just make a large.reg file, but this...
  8. Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues

Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues: I upgraded Windows 7 to Win10 1709, 1803, 1809, all with no issues. Nothing has changed on the computer. 1903 will not install. I keep receiving the 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error. I know it's supposed to be a driver. I've removed all external devices, disabled onboard 1394,...
  9. Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?

Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?: I have two older PC's running Win 7 Pro (32 & 64 bit). We want to add a number of in the box(s) upgrades...like Motherboard...Graphic cards...SSD's etc. My question is does it matter if we do all this 1st before Win 10 upgrade...or can I change the 2 boxes after the 10...
  10. Windows 10 installation not sticking

Windows 10 installation not sticking: Hello I have an Acer aspire e1521 laptop and it used to run windows 7 home premium. I bought a self made installation disc for windows 10 and after some minor issues it finally installed. It was windows 10 technical preview version and it worked fine at first. I opened a...