Windows 10: storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix?

Discus and support storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I built my PC back during the summer after getting a summer job, and since building, I have diagnosed and fixed a few issues, but one keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EMB3R14, Nov 25, 2018.

1. EMB3R14 Win User

storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix?

So I built my PC back during the summer after getting a summer job, and since building, I have diagnosed and fixed a few issues, but one keeps occurring and I am unable to fix myself. I am not completely sure if it is a hardware issue or purely software based.

Anyway, I've been getting some latency issues that have caused stuttering and sometimes lag while streaming videos from YouTube and Netflix, playing games, and sometimes even while browsing websites. I downloaded LatencyMon to help find whats causing these issues, and I have pointed out two major .sys driver files that are causing my stuttering. Those being "storport.sys", which is the major cause, and "ndis.sys" being the smaller, but yet significant cause.

storport.sys definition in LatencyMon is "Microsoft Storage Port Driver", and ndis.sys description is "Network Driver Interface Specifications".

storport.sys gives me upwards of 100,000 in LatencyMon, and I believe ndis.sys gives me about 20,000.

I've read somewhere that storport.sys latency is mostly caused by the Samsung m.2 SSD's but I'm not sure how to fix this

I keep all my drivers updated using DriverEasy

Specs:

MB: Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming ATX AM4 Socket

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Windforce OC Edition

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaw V-Series 16GB DDR4-3200 - F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (Possible latency cause?)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (Boot)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (Mass)

Storage: Western Digital "Blue?" 3TB HDD (Backup) (Not 100% sure which drive this is, I think it's blue)

Network Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n (Possibly cause of ndis.sys latency?)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Here's the link to the PcPartPicker parts list if its needed: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7VqHRJ

Here's what LatencyMon comes up with after experiencing a storport.sys latency spike:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:10:19 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: TYS-PC

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)

Hardware: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF

CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Logical processors: 6

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 16331 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 340 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 100830.20

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3.116927

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 100827.60

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.344504

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 148.150

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.095580

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.105838

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 228176

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 100834.210

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.062271

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.94 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.169238

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1872845

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 227

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 33063

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 8281

Number of processes hit: 84

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 14.904984

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 148.150

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 3.907992

CPU 0 ISR count: 224044

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 100834.210

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 6.092103

CPU 0 DPC count: 1833174

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.837817

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 72.60

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.017628

CPU 1 ISR count: 1600

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 533.150

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.092153

CPU 1 DPC count: 13765

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.719505

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 59.50

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.003827

CPU 2 ISR count: 517

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 110.490

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.042660

CPU 2 DPC count: 11228

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.836355

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2.460

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000320

CPU 3 ISR count: 427

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 85.570

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.018822

CPU 3 DPC count: 4977

CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.813737

CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 1.820

CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000497

CPU 4 ISR count: 701

CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 228.950

CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.019418

CPU 4 DPC count: 4982

CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.796899

CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 4.290

CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000660

CPU 5 ISR count: 887

CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 108.190

CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.020504

CPU 5 DPC count: 4948

Thanks to anyone that takes a look into this. You're really helping me out. The stutters are getting quite annoying. storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix? :p

:)

EMB3R14, Nov 25, 2018

2. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

Like this? It appears "Standard SATA AHCI Controller"

storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix? [​IMG]

BradShoemaker, Nov 25, 2018
  3. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I have one Storage Controller here is what the Drivers say

BradShoemaker, Nov 25, 2018
  4. arachnaut Win User

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I'm afraid it is not that easy - that is a special MS port for Storage Spaces.
    You need to open the CPU branch and look at each port:

arachnaut, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. storport.sys and ndis.sys DPC latency fix? - Similar Threads - storport sys ndis

2. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  3. WDF01000.sys High latency on latencymon how to fix the problem

WDF01000.sys High latency on latencymon how to fix the problem: my pc built window 10 home 20h2 CPU:ryzen 5900x VGA:radeon vii lastest driver MB:Crosshair hero vii wi-fi lastest bios RAM: 32gb G.skill neo 3200 PSU:leadex II 850w gold HDD:m.2 500gb m.2 1TB WD BLACK 2 WD BLUE 1TB Power plan : ultimate performance...
  4. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  5. DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production: I have a new laptop that I wish to use as a Digital Audio Workstation home music studio. 2020 HP Spectre x360 laptop with 11 gen i7 processor, SSD, 16gb ram I'm also using a Tascam US 4x4 audio interface and Calkewalk. The system is having a great deal of difficulty...
  6. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  7. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  8. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  9. DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc

DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc: Hi there, Need a little guidance around how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to diagnose my DPC latency issues. I've run the recorder, but unsure which items to "graph" and then drill down to. I've seen screenshots from others posted here which show apps and their...
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storport.sys latency

2. storport.sys latency fix

3. replace storport.sys

4. microsoft storage port driver latency,
  5. storport.sys lag,
  6. ndis.sys latency,
  7. ndis.sys,
  8. ndis.sys latency fix,
  9. storport.sys dpc latency,
  10. storport latency,